Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO or something on Acer 10 Aspire Switch

XRAnthonyXR
XRAnthonyXR Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
PROBLEM

I have a problem that I have Internet Connection was unavailable. It seems to have X on the Internet Connection. I checked on troubleshooting internet connection that it the same problem about Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO. Seems no options to fix because already:

Uninstalled and restarted

And Disabled And enabled 

——————————

please comment down below if you have same problem and you have found the solution to fix. 

Thanks you, Anthony Saysipaseuth

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    When you are seeing the problem, go to Network and Sharing Center and click on the connection. On the Wi-Fi Status window click on Details and copy all of the content here. You should see things like IP Address, Subnet, Default Gateway, DNS Servers and such.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • XRAnthonyXR

Tinkerer

edited November 2018
    Went to Network and Sharing Center, which network? Didn’t see all the network.

As in fact, I forgot to tell that my Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO have code 10
  • billsey
    Aha! Code 10 shows an error either in the hardware or the driver, so not too helpful, but it does narrow things down a bit. First step is to reinstall the drivers. Download the drivers for your wireless from the Acer support site then use Device Manager to uninstall them. Reboot and install the drivers you downloaded and report back.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • XRAnthonyXR

Tinkerer

“Install them” which one should I install? the whole one in Network list or just 802.11abgn Wirless SDIO ? Second, please give me link about ACER support link because I didn’t find it
  • billsey
    Which model of Acer Aspire Switch 10 do you have? You should be able to put that model number in on the support page to get to drivers. You should only need to reinstall the WiFi drivers for your model.
  • XRAnthonyXR

Tinkerer

I don’t know everything about Acer about it. How can I find the model numbers of my Acer Aspire Switch 10?
  • XRAnthonyXR

Tinkerer

I found it on the back of the laptop but I would think it the model of it. Okay, just see this if it the right model numbers: D0I101304E533B6F487215
  • XRAnthonyXR

Tinkerer

Okay, that the wrong one that I know it SNID or Serial Numbers. I din’t Know where to find what type of the model it is. Can you tell me how?
  • XRAnthonyXR

Tinkerer

Okay, this is I know how to do it and I don’t know the whole directions to find the drivers I have. SW5-015
  • billsey
    Wireless LAN Driver, the Broadcom version. Go to the main Acer page, choose Support and drivers, enter the SW5-015 into the search box and choose the proper OS (likely Windows 10 32bit). Expand drivers and look for that one. Download it, move it to your Switch and install it. You should have wireless back!
  • XRAnthonyXR

Tinkerer

So, I have a question about main ACER Page. 

Does it works on my laptop without internet?  Because, I am using the phone to type this to ask a question. 
  • billsey
    Nope, you'll want to take a thumb drive and use someone else's internet to get the driver for yours. If that's not feasible you could look into a cheap USB Wifi to use until it's fixed.
  • XRAnthonyXR

Tinkerer

alright, I have my late package Wi-Fi USB which is working well. Is there anyways that I can download drivers or browse driver download? 
  • billsey
    Not an automated way, you just go to the drivers section on the support page for your model, choose the OS you are running and download and install the drivers from there. Since you already have the wireless handled I'd probably do the chipset driver first (if there is one), then the other in the order they have listed.
  • XRAnthonyXR

Tinkerer

Since I downloaded and nothing happens. What should I do? I did downloaded right one.
  • billsey
    You just need to install them. Sometimes they come as a zip file that you extract and sometimes they are exe or msi files that you just run.
  • XRAnthonyXR

Tinkerer

I already extracted or it doesn’t has exe. I went to Device Manager to install drivers. It’s not working. Is there left options now?
  • billsey
    edited February 2019
    When I just downloaded the Broadcom drivers for Windows 10 32bit from the Aces support site I see a file called "Setup.exe". You should just have to extract the zip to your computer then run the setup program. Which driver did you download?
  • XRAnthonyXR

Tinkerer

The driver I download was Broadcom 
  • billsey
    Which driver doesn't have the exe file?