Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 Nitro sense CPU fan is not working.

Andycchi
Andycchi Member Posts: 2 New User
Please help and advise what's need to be done. I'm done re-installing and tried different settings like Custom and Max even playing games. Still the CPU fan is not running or ZERO RPM. I don't know if it's normal.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Take a needle or a very thin object and try to push the fan, as it might be temporarily stuck.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Take a needle or a very thin object and try to push the fan, as it might be temporarily stuck.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Andycchi
    Andycchi Member Posts: 2 New User
    ven98 said:
    Thank you so much. It perfectly works. I really appreciate your advise and help. I'll give an update after a week if it still had the same issue.
  • Yamen2771
    Yamen2771 Member Posts: 3 New User
    i took a needle and did what you said and now the fan spins but it does not spin at full speed,when i put it on auto fan speed the CPU fan stays at 100 rpm while the GPU fan is spinning at a normal speed,when i put it to max fan speed CPU fan spins at 4800 rpm while the GPU fan is spinning at 6122,anyone got a fix?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The CPU and GPU fans are rated differently, they are normally running at different speeds. What temperatures are you seeing with each?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Yamen2771 said:
    i took a needle and did what you said and now the fan spins but it does not spin at full speed,when i put it on auto fan speed the CPU fan stays at 100 rpm while the GPU fan is spinning at a normal speed,when i put it to max fan speed CPU fan spins at 4800 rpm while the GPU fan is spinning at 6122,anyone got a fix?

The fan speeds are independent of each other and individual temperature sensors for the CPU and the GPU control fan speed. As the CPU and GPU are usually at different temperatures then so too the fans are usually at different speeds so your fans are operating normally.

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• pipop
    pipop Member Posts: 1 New User
    The cpu fan does not spin. an515-42 help me please
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    pipop said:
    The cpu fan does not spin. an515-42 help me please

Please start a new Topic giving details, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Afrooz
    Afrooz Member Posts: 3 New User
    hi,

My self Mallikarjunarao,

i got acer nitro 5 - 515-54 laptop on 16 Oct 2020.

some times my laptop fan is not working when no extra applications opened.

fan speed is at 0 rotations i.e fans is not working in condition.

if i open any applications like note pad / ms office excel.... then fan starts working.

Please suggest me is it technical issue..

hey,i have same problem and I bought my laptop a month ago! is it okay or its a problem and should be solved?
  • Akashjaiswal
    Akashjaiswal Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Someone has any idea about how to fix nitrosense opening but not reading fan speed and temperature, also not responding to changing speed while fan is running my model is 2019 an515-54