Acer nitro 5 memory

Gwaaden
Gwaaden Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi.
Can i replace the 8gb in my Acer with 2 ddr4 16gb 2666mhz 260-pin?

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Any nitro model supports more than 16GB of ram! However I would like to know the exact model of your notebook. Example an515-51-75kz!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Usually all nitros 5 with 8 gen CPUs are equipped with 2666MHz DDR4, so I assume the model you have is with an 7th gen, which unfortunately supports memory up to 2400MHz. 2666MHz would also work, but it will run at 2400MHz. 

What RAM are you planning to purchase?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Commodore_1995#
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Yes, it will work! because this model only supports 16GB of ram in each slot! But it will run at 2400mhz speed! Ideally, you buy another ram, which has the same voltage, frequency, latency, and identical capabilities to activate the dual channel! I suggest you check the settings of your current memory with aida64:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    For dual channel you don't need the same frequency, latency and voltage, because usually the frequency and latency of the slowest module are taken. 

For dual channel the RAM modules should be both single or dual rank, have the same capacity and same memory bandwidth x8 or x16.

Can you download HWiNFO and check the memory timings of the RAM currently in the system at 1200 frequnecy(see picture).
    As the RAM will be downclocked to 2400MHz, 2666MHz is not needed. The RAM you are planning to buy has a CL value of 18 at 2666MHz, which means it will very likely work at CL 16 or 17  2400MHz. If the memory inside the laptop is with higher CL(Cas Latency, the lower the value the better) your system will still benefit from these RAM modules, even if they run at lower clocks. Better RAM and dual channel's benefits are mostly if not only noticable in cases where the ingame fps is limited due to CPU bottleneck or on demanding workloads like video rendering.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    The RAM you are using is 2666MHz, but it works at 2400MHz. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Any nitro model supports more than 16GB of ram! However I would like to know the exact model of your notebook. Example an515-51-75kz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Usually all nitros 5 with 8 gen CPUs are equipped with 2666MHz DDR4, so I assume the model you have is with an 7th gen, which unfortunately supports memory up to 2400MHz. 2666MHz would also work, but it will run at 2400MHz. 

What RAM are you planning to purchase?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Gwaaden
    Thanks for the response.
    It says its a Nitro AN515-51. Don't say kz behind it.
    Laptop Q5Q5QFSV
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU 2.50GHz
    Running Windows 10 64 bit

Was thinking of buying these or something like it https://www.multicom.no/corsair-vengeance-ddr4-32-gb/cat-p/c/p8602722?utm_source=kelkoono
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Yes, it will work! because this model only supports 16GB of ram in each slot! But it will run at 2400mhz speed! Ideally, you buy another ram, which has the same voltage, frequency, latency, and identical capabilities to activate the dual channel! I suggest you check the settings of your current memory with aida64:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gwaaden
    I will do that check when i get home but if any help here is a pic of the one in use now.
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    For dual channel you don't need the same frequency, latency and voltage, because usually the frequency and latency of the slowest module are taken. 

For dual channel the RAM modules should be both single or dual rank, have the same capacity and same memory bandwidth x8 or x16.

Can you download HWiNFO and check the memory timings of the RAM currently in the system at 1200 frequnecy(see picture).
    As the RAM will be downclocked to 2400MHz, 2666MHz is not needed. The RAM you are planning to buy has a CL value of 18 at 2666MHz, which means it will very likely work at CL 16 or 17  2400MHz. If the memory inside the laptop is with higher CL(Cas Latency, the lower the value the better) your system will still benefit from these RAM modules, even if they run at lower clocks. Better RAM and dual channel's benefits are mostly if not only noticable in cases where the ingame fps is limited due to CPU bottleneck or on demanding workloads like video rendering.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Gwaaden
    Hi and sorry for late reply.
    Have run the program and gotten data. Seems to me it might be the right one. Posting a pic to be sure. 
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    The RAM you are using is 2666MHz, but it works at 2400MHz. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Gwaaden
    Thanks for the help. Realy appreciated