I am having too much ghosting when OD is set to extreme in Acer KG241Q .

Igneous8k
Igneous8k Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Today I bought a Acer KG241Q . When I used it i seen its not 1ms response time when i checked in game i confirmed , it js not 1ms response time . I messed with up the settings , and noticed OD set to Extreme creates 1 ms response time. But it produces too much ghosting effect which is appearing everywhere , in browsers wh3n scrolling down. If i set OD to Off Or Normal it eliminates Ghosting but response time is not 1ms which is needed for gamers, i need 1 ms response time without ghosting . please help me with this issue.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    What you are perciving when OD is set to extreme is not ghosting, but the opposite 'inverse ghosting'. 1ms response time is currently unachievable by LCD displays. It is best to leave the OD mode to normal and this way you will be in the sweet spot.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Igneous8k
    But then why acer advertise it as 1ms monitor? When i can't suppott 1ms properly , OD <Extreme = Blurry Motion In games nd when set to extreme eliminates like 1 ms esports monitor but introduce inverse ghosting.
  • Igneous8k
    And even acer support is telling me "" this issue has been escalated to regional manager and ur cooperation is required and it is 1.5 week ago. Very fast support i guess so