Bluetooth suddenly missing from my Acer Spin 5

Doomtorfer1
Doomtorfer1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
No bluetooth icon on my laptop suddenly. Acer Spin SP513 51. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the bluetooth drivers still of no use. Can someone please help?

Comments

• leonexis
    leonexis Member Posts: 3 New User
    I also have this issue after a recent windows update yesterday (the 10th) on an R5-571TG and I've tried uninstall the update and reinstalling, no dice. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let us know. Running the Bluetooth troubleshooter says that there is no bluetooth device installed and looking in the device manager shows no bluetooth devices whatsoever, so no place to even check a driver version. Windows Update shows all updates installed, and that is the official way to install drivers according to Acer... so.. nowhere to go.

The hardware itself works just fine when running Linux from a bootable USB.. so this is definitely a Software issue.
  • leonexis
    leonexis Member Posts: 3 New User
    OK,.. after checking other posts, I found something that worked for me.. I shutdown my laptop completely (not sleep or hibernate) and turned it back on again (facepalm). I don't know if having fastboot disabled helps or not (I keep it disabled), but apparently full shutdown was required. After that, the bluetooth icons came back up and my headphones work again.

HTH