Acer Swift 1 SF 114-32 - Bios Upgrade to 1.03 no eMMC found anymore

snafu
snafu Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I recently bought a Acer Swift 1 with 64Gb eMMC storage. After receiving I've set a supervisor password and disabled secure boot to install a linux distribution.
Everything works so far, but I couldn't enter the BIOS again I just saw a cursor and nothing happened. Curiosly when I plugged in an USB flash stick the BIOS came up but the screen was flickering instantly and I just saw the exit page of the BIOS. 

I decided to update the BIOS to the new version 1.03. I had to use a Windows PE to flash the BIOS, don't know why a Windows is required to flash a BIOS?!
Nevertheless after the update was finished I was able to enter the BIOS normally. Unfortunately the eMMC storage is not shown anymore. Are there any known problems with the 1.03 BIOS for the Acer Swift 1?

Thanks.
Lars

Answers

• snafu
    snafu Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2018
    I partly fixed it.

The eMMC is not displayed in the boot order preferences and the OS was not booted because of Secure Boot, which was a bit irritating for me.
    After the update I disabled Secure Boot and I thought it will just boot as before. What I have done now is to enable Secure Boot and trust the Grub EFI file. Maybe a failure in the BIOS?

• Thms
    Thms Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hello, I have the same problem. I installed debian on a ssd and now I can't enter in the bios anymore.
    Windows doesn't work, keep crashing, so could you explain the procedure of updating the bios with a windows PE drive ?
    Thx!