Aspire 5 model A515-51G-87PK confusion?

yker14
yker14 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I've purchased this model of laptop A515-51G-87PK which comes with a i7 8th, 1tb hdd+128ssd,mx150, 8gb ram. Bought it from newegg and the image displayed in Acer's webpage is different.
In Acer it shows a backlit keyboard and thinner bezels while Newegg's does not say it has backlit or bezels like this. Also the specifications, size and weight is exactly the same.

Any idea of what exactly did I buy?
:# 

Newegg --> 
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1TS-000X-00UY5&Description=aspire 5&cm_re=aspire_5-_-1TS-000X-00UY5-_-Product
Acer --> https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.GTCAA.023

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Backlit KB is a extra cost option on this model. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• yker14
    JackE said:
    Backlit KB is a extra cost option on this model. Jack E/NJ
    Acer's webpage says this model does have backlit keyboard
  • JackE
    The KB backlight is an extra cost option that's only offered on the ACER website, NOT the Newegg website. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Could you give us the first ten characters of the laptop serial number? Only the first ten.
    France
  • yker14
    Could you give us the first ten characters of the laptop serial number? Only the first ten.
    Hi, I decided to cancel the purchase as I'm not sure what this laptop I'm buying has. Somebody on Newegg said it did come with backlit keyboard but now here I'm told it does not. Don't understand why Acer's would make an specific model number with different specs and same number.
  • JackE
    >>>Somebody on Newegg said it did come with backlit keyboard>>>

If you got this in writing from Newegg sales, then the option would be included.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ