Keyboard and lan stop working after removing wifi card acer e15 e5-576g-59ab

fvillaluzjr2
fvillaluzjr2 Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
My acer e15 e5-576g-59ab's keyboard and lan does not work after i removed the wifi card but when i plug it in again it works.. may i ask why?

Best Answers

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Check Device Manager for any red or yellow warnings. If none, do you still see keyboard and ethernet devices listed anymore in Device Manager? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fvillaluzjr2
    JackE said:
    Check Device Manager for any red or yellow warnings. If none, do you still see keyboard and ethernet devices listed anymore in Device Manager? Jack E/NJ
    Yes i still see them with yellow mark on them both... Funny thing is when i put back the wifi card it does work again
  • JackE
    Yellow warnings usually means another driver will likely work without the wifi card installed. The current drivers likely expect the card to be installed. But before doing anything, are you planning on putting an external video adapter in the wifi m.2 slot? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fvillaluzjr2
    @JackE yes thats what im hoping to do, im gonna use exp dgc beast. I did make it work but the keyboard and lan stops working.. any advice on the driver side?
  • JackE
    With the adapter installed, first try uninstalling the KB and ethernet adapter without re-installing anything. Exit Device Mgr. Then reboot and let Windows re-detect and re-install them. If no joy, then try the ACER Lan driver update if you haven't done so already. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7333?b=1  If that also fails, then try iobit's DriverBooster freeware though it may throw a connection error but hopefully will point to the website it's trying to download from. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• fvillaluzjr2
    How about when i even try to go to the bios i still cant use the keyboard.. do you think it is hardcoded to the hardware?
  • JackE
    A KB problem might be bypassed with an external KB if the USB ports are still OK. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fvillaluzjr2
    @JackE yeah that is true but i really need the internal keyboard for my laptop.. now im planning to use this adapter https://www.lazada.com.ph/-i208435252-s265021840.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1 since my laptop has m.2 slot key m which supports pcie lanes up to 2x only. what do you think about that adapter will it work?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    It should work. It's also possible that the KB problem will be resolved if the slot has the video card installed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fvillaluzjr2
    @JackE the only problem with this setup is im stuck with slow mechanical hdd as boot drive(right now im using m.2 sata as my boot drive). One more thing sir before after i bought this laptop and a month after windows released an update which is 1803 i think and my laptop forcibly updated to it, then something happened which it made this laptop slow so i tried to factory restore it via acer d to d which is by pressing alt plus f10 something like that while posting but the restoration did not go well, its stuck to 1% forever and by that time iam force to install windows via usb drive, meaning erasing everything factory apps and drivers now is it possible to to install those i lost when installing windows via usb? the recovery partition is still in the drive w/c is around 1gb but i cannot access it anymore...   
  • JackE
    >>>im stuck with slow mechanical hdd as boot drive(right now im using m.2 sata as my boot drive)>>>

Are you saying the slow HDD has an ACER-flavored Win10, and the m.2 SSD has a Microsoft generic Win10 version? If yes, you could try to migrate the ACER-flavored Win10 version to the SSD instead. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• fvillaluzjr2
    @JackE no sir before i bought the m.2 ssd i already reformat my laptop with microsoft generic windows 10 so the ACER-flavored Win10 has been erased already, what is left is the recovery partition w/c is around 1GB and when i try to use Acer D-D its not gonna work because i think some drivers and setings i dont know is embedded in c partition before i reformat it with generic version.. i hope its still possible to revert back the ACER-flavored Win10.
  • JackE
    >>>because i think some drivers and setings i dont know is embedded in c partition before i reformat it with generic version.>>>i hope its still possible to revert back the ACER-flavored Win10. >>>

The 1GB ACER recovery partition has probably been overwritten with generic version that only works from inside the generic Win10 environment. That's probably why the ALT+F10 gets stuck. This might also explain why the KB and wired LAN aren't working with the wifi card removed. If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you download and try iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can help straighten out the driver inconsistencies. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fvillaluzjr2
    @JackE ohh yeah probably but sir is it possible to put back the original ACER-flavored Win10? 
  • JackE
    If the machine was originally purchased in the US or Canada, you can order online the original ACER-flavored recovery media (either USB or DVD) for about $46 usd. If purchased elsewhere, you might be able to get the media by making an email or phone request here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/support  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fvillaluzjr2
    I purcahased mine in philippines, does it mean that i can request ACER-flavored recovery media for free?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    I don't think free if it's available. Try to request from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/support   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    edited January 2019
    Downloard and try DriverBooster first to see if it'll help resolve driver issues that could cause problems. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ