aarish
aarish Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

Best Answer

• Redfan
    Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    if its any consolation, intel laptops do the same thing, 100% usage when opening task manager for a second and you can never see what caused it... regardless of the brand, this occurs in any laptop...

Answers

• AlpineTom
    AlpineTom Member Posts: 58 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Sort by CPU usage to see what program/process is taxing the CPU.
  • Jandus
    Jandus Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I get this very same situation with the Ryzen Nitro 5.  I've reinstall Windows 10 Home a few times since I've had the laptop and regardless of the drivers installed, or programs installed for anything, it continues.  I fresh install of Windows 10 Home (with nothing else installed) will cause this problem.

AlpineTom - It happens RIGHT as you open the task manager - it freezes for a second or two at 100% and is non-responsive so by the time you get around to sorting by CPU usage, it's gone.  There's no way to tell through the task manager what is causing the freeze since the Task Manager is itself being adversely affected.

Jandus
  • Ayonhi5
    Ayonhi5 Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
    Might be a problem with clogging fan vents . Had the same issue .
  • aarish

Tinkerer

@Ayonhi5
    is your issue solved now
  • aarish

Tinkerer

@Jandus

yeah same problem  i cannot sort it for few seconds 

• Redfan
    Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    if its any consolation, intel laptops do the same thing, 100% usage when opening task manager for a second and you can never see what caused it... regardless of the brand, this occurs in any laptop...
  • Ashwani8686
    Ashwani8686 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My new laptop also has same problem.....it runs continuously at 100% ..... Should I upgrade ram from 8GB to 16GB?