Where to Buy Acer R11 Battery?

Pyridius
Pyridius Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I believe there is an issue with my battery because it's stuck at 1% and won't charge. It dies immediately when I take it off the charger so I believe it needs a new battery. Is there an official Acer battery replacement or do I have to go 3rd party. Are there any services with a good reputation?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Just google "your full R11 model number" and "battery" with the quotes for online vendors/sellers. Most laptop batteries are pretty much the same and fairly inexpensive. If you don't feel comfortable replacing it yourself (not that hard to do), I'd advise just taking to the nearest computer shop and have them install it for you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pyridius
    Pyridius Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Just google "your full R11 model number" and "battery" with the quotes for online vendors/sellers. Most laptop batteries are pretty much the same and fairly inexpensive. If you don't feel comfortable replacing it yourself (not that hard to do), I'd advise just taking to the nearest computer shop and have them install it for you. Jack E/NJ
    Is there a good way to figure out whether the charger or my battery is the issue? I assume it's the battery because it won't charge when I plug the charger in but I've read some people talking about their experience where the charger is the issue instead. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    You need an inexpensive multimeter to check the DC voltage output of the plug barrel between its inner hole & outside contacts. Should read about 19volts DC. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If it runs with the charger in and not when on battery, the charger is doing good...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.