TravelMate P249-G2-MG BIOS TPM update

vanianignacio
vanianignacio Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. I'm having a problem updating my TravelMate to the latest version of windows. I keep getting "Couldn't install Windows 10" error message. The error is caused by an outdated TPM firmware. Is there a BIOS TPM update for TravelMate P249-G2-MG? Please help. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

Jack E/NJ

• marvin0113
    marvin0113 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi guys i have a question regarding  my acer tmp249-g2-mg the boot screen of my computer has a goverment logo is there`s any chance to remove that logo thanks in advance
  • JackE
    marvin0113 Probably not without risking a brick or an adverse side effect. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• marvin0113
    HI @JackE so its means there`s no chance to remove that logo
  • JackE
    Sure there's a chance. But with an equally likely chance of disabling the machine so it's useless. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• marvin0113
    hi again @JackE how can i update my bios version 1.19E to higher version when times im trying to update the bios it always promt me a messege like this the version of rom file is the same as that of bios but the version im trying to install is newer to 1.19E please help me 
  • JackE
    Sorry, as far as I know, firmware updates from the ACER download site typically don't change logo image file on the BIOS chip.  Your chip also seems locked onto v1.19, perhaps explaining the "E" suffix v1.19E. If however the logo screen appears just after the BIOS POST when the Windows bootloader takes over, then a generic Win10 installation may be able to remove it. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• vanianignacio

Tinkerer

The correct answer to my question was to disable the TPM in the BIO/Windows settings then upgrade windows. After the upgrade, re-enable the TPM. 
  • pks14
    pks14 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, My laptop is acer travelmate p249-g2-m and i have a concern.. its a fast charging laptop but after an 3hrs o straight using it because i use this for work battery is easy to drain. is there anything i can do to maintain or to last long its battery life other from the battery saver of its own?? o any tips to make battery life span longer. 
  • vanianignacio

Tinkerer

pks14 said:
    Hi, My laptop is acer travelmate p249-g2-m and i have a concern.. its a fast charging laptop but after an 3hrs o straight using it because i use this for work battery is easy to drain. is there anything i can do to maintain or to last long its battery life other from the battery saver of its own?? o any tips to make battery life span longer. 
    I believe that's the standard battery life. 3-4 hours of normal use.