Aspire 9810 .. Driver needed for Toshiba DVD Drive

Dubjedi
Dubjedi Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, since upgrading to Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 9810, my Toshiba HD DVD drive is not visible.

I need the driver for Toshiba DVDW/HD TS-L802A.

I’d really appreciate if someone could send it to me or tell me where I could get it.

Thanks.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Dubjedi said:
    Hi, since upgrading to Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 9810, my Toshiba HD DVD drive is not visible.

I need the driver for Toshiba DVDW/HD TS-L802A.

I’d really appreciate if someone could send it to me or tell me where I could get it.

Thanks.
    There are several links that offers drivers but be sure before download and installing these drivers.

Here are a few links that you can download the driver from

Link 1: http://semantic.gs/toshiba_dvdw_hd_ts_l802a_ata_device_driver_download

Link 2: https://www.pcpitstop.com/libraries/driver/detail.asp?driver=TOSHIBA~DVDW/HD~TS-L802A~ATA~Device.html
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Dubjedi
    Thanks very much Rudy21, however I've since learned that I cannot proceed at this point as my Windows 10 doesn't actually see the device ... it's not listed in Device Manager. I looked at other comments online which suggested disconnecting the DVD drive rebooting and then reconnecting and rebooting.. which I've tried but Windows 10 refuses to "see" my DVD drive. When booting the PC it is visible on the BIOS Boot screen. Any other ideas would be very much welcomed. 
  • Rudy21
    Dubjedi said:
    Thanks very much Rudy21, however I've since learned that I cannot proceed at this point as my Windows 10 doesn't actually see the device ... it's not listed in Device Manager. I looked at other comments online which suggested disconnecting the DVD drive rebooting and then reconnecting and rebooting.. which I've tried but Windows 10 refuses to "see" my DVD drive. When booting the PC it is visible on the BIOS Boot screen. Any other ideas would be very much welcomed. 
    For DVD drive not being detected in the windows it could be an issue with registry files. You would have to check for upper and lower filters in the given path below. 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Now since you are gonna deal with registry I would recommend you to backup your registry before making any changes.
  • Dubjedi
    Thanks again for your reply Rudy21.

This is what I found for that entry, I'd appreciate if you could advise on how next to proceed. No rush obviously and thanks for the help .. Happy Christmas!

Name        Type                     Data
    Default     REG_SZ                (value not set)
    Class         REG_SZ                CDROM

ClassDesc   REG_SZ @%SystemRoot%\System32\StorProp.dll,-17001

EnumPropPages32  REG_SZ  storprop.dll,DvdPropPageProvider

IconPath  REG_MULTI_SZ
    %SystemRoot%\System32\imageres.dll,-30

LastDeleteDate   REG_BINARY  3f 72 67 e1 e1 97 d4 01
    NoInstallClass  REG_SZ  1
    SilentInstall   REG_SZ   1
  • Rudy21
    Dubjedi said:
    Thanks again for your reply Rudy21.

This is what I found for that entry, I'd appreciate if you could advise on how next to proceed. No rush obviously and thanks for the help .. Happy Christmas!

Name        Type                     Data
    Default     REG_SZ                (value not set)
    Class         REG_SZ                CDROM

ClassDesc   REG_SZ @%SystemRoot%\System32\StorProp.dll,-17001

EnumPropPages32  REG_SZ  storprop.dll,DvdPropPageProvider

IconPath  REG_MULTI_SZ
    %SystemRoot%\System32\imageres.dll,-30

LastDeleteDate   REG_BINARY  3f 72 67 e1 e1 97 d4 01
    NoInstallClass  REG_SZ  1
    SilentInstall   REG_SZ   1
    Looks like there are no upper and lower filters in this region. 

Could you let me know if you have installed the CD/DVD drivers and still it does not show in device manager.
  • Dubjedi

Sorry Rudy21, I don't know how to install the drivers without the CD/DVD device showing in Device Manager. The Drivers extract gave 4 files, none of which can be executed from the desktop: blank name(Security Catalogue), .dll, 1.sys, READ-ME

• Rudy21
    Dubjedi said:

Sorry Rudy21, I don't know how to install the drivers without the CD/DVD device showing in Device Manager. The Drivers extract gave 4 files, none of which can be executed from the desktop: blank name(Security Catalogue), .dll, 1.sys, READ-ME

Could you share the link from where you have downloaded these drivers. that way i can check and help you on which file to be used for installation
  • Dubjedi
    Thanks Rudy21, I got the drivers from Link 1 which you posted above. Link 2 didn’t have it.