Acer XF240H Monitor driver not showing up on the website

aspires
aspires Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I just got an XF240H monitor and i was pretty bummed out when i went online to acer only to see that there is no drivers for the monitor on windows 10. it seems really ridiculous. i spent over 350 dollars on a nice monitor and now it constantly glitches out when i alt tab out of full screen games, because for some silly reason there is no driver beyond windows 8. is there a way i can access a driver for this some other way? or am i stuck not being able to set up this monitor and left kind of scammed. (tabbing in and out of full screen games causes the monitor to restart

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    The monitor is plug and play with Windows 10 and doesn't need any driver. What kinds of problems are you seeing? What GPU are you using? Which port type is connected?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aspires
    aspires Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    The monitor is plug and play with Windows 10 and doesn't need any driver. What kinds of problems are you seeing? What GPU are you using? Which port type is connected?
    I am using a DisplayPort, GTX 1070,  and when I alt tab out of a full screen game it restarts the monitor (black screen for a couple of seconds and then the acer logo) 
    is it a hardware problem maybe?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    That is likely a resolution change. You get the same thing when you change resolution in Display Settings under Windows, though I wouldn't have expected the logo to show up. That usually only appears with a power cycle. Test with the Windows setting to see if the logo appears when changing resolutions. If it does not then it'd be worthwhile to contact Acer support.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.