X34p screen goes from time to time black for a second and then shows that it is connected via DP

okk1980
okk1980 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi,

i have the following issue with my new X34P monitor.
The X34p screen turns black for a second and then shows that it is connected via DP on the top right.
This can happen 1 time in a hour or several times in 5 minutes.
This can happen at windows desktop, and also in every game.
I have same experience with 120hz and 100hz in native resolution.
Also tried the original cable and a 5m Roland DP 1.3 cable. Both behave the same way.
GPU is a Asus 1080 TI OC Strix with 397.64.
G-Sync is on full screen.
the GPU is set to performance mode.
Anyone an idea how to solve it?

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, The X34 monitor may show a flicker if overclocked to 120Hz. If set to a lower setting, such as 95Hz, it may work fine.
    This device is designed to support refresh rate overclocking. However, overclocking may result in system instability. If you experience instability, try reducing the overclock to a lower refresh rate through the on-screen display settings.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• okk1980
    Thx for the answer. I thought 100hz is no overclock and has to work. I will try with 95 to see if there is a difference.
  • RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited May 2018
    Balatekie said:
    Hi, The X34 monitor may show a flicker if overclocked to 120Hz. If set to a lower setting, such as 95Hz, it may work fine.
    This device is designed to support refresh rate overclocking. However, overclocking may result in system instability. If you experience instability, try reducing the overclock to a lower refresh rate through the on-screen display settings.
    Very misleading answer. User asked about X34P, not X34.
    X34P have advertised standard refresh rate of 120Hz. This is not overclock, and must always work without issues.
    I refer you to Acer own specification - https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/predator-model/UM.CX0EE.P01
    Maximum Resolution3440 x 1440
       Standard Refresh Rate120 Hz

• luxius
    luxius Member Posts: 1 New User
    okk1980 said:
    Hi,

i have the following issue with my new X34P monitor.
    The X34p screen turns black for a second and then shows that it is connected via DP on the top right.
    This can happen 1 time in a hour or several times in 5 minutes.
    This can happen at windows desktop, and also in every game.
    I have same experience with 120hz and 100hz in native resolution.
    Also tried the original cable and a 5m Roland DP 1.3 cable. Both behave the same way.
    GPU is a Asus 1080 TI OC Strix with 397.64.
    G-Sync is on full screen.
    the GPU is set to performance mode.
    Anyone an idea how to solve it?

Same issue here.
    I try all the suggestions but still the same...

did you solve it?
  • Hilfyl
    Hilfyl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Up, same issue :)
  • llMavll
    llMavll Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same thing here....anyone have any solutions? Anybody RMA it with success?
  • bmanbob
    bmanbob Member Posts: 1 New User
    Up - got this Predator X34P and its lovely. I am enjoying it so much. Then suddenly - black screen for a second, and it shows DP. SO annoying. Please answer, Acer. Cmon.
  • simon1909
    simon1909 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

same problem with the same display. goes black for a millisecond then back to normal. there a days where it doesnt happen (or maybe it does but im not in front of the display at the time) and sometimes it happens after a few hours. doesnt matter what hz setting and it happens on desktop and during games. its completely random.
    anyone of you found the issue? rma?
  • spacejumbofudge
    spacejumbofudge Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have this same issue, has anyone ever found a solution or had a response from acer?
  • okk1980
    I bought a club 3d 2m dp1.4 cable and had no issues anymore.
  • spacejumbofudge
    spacejumbofudge Member Posts: 2 New User
    My brand new cable (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01J8S7624/) does it, as did the shorter cable I was using before.  Has anyone else managed to find a solution or had success with a new cable like @okk1980?
  • okk1980
    I tried two other cables and the searched internet. There I found that this cables that I recommend usually works. I tried one Amazon cables before and also a dp1.5 cable. Only the recommended by me was working. Order it from Amazon. If it does not help send it back.
  • MarshalZ
    MarshalZ Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same issue. I tried the Club cable, I replaced my GPU and PSU, I lowered the monitor settings, I made sure the monitor was not set to sleep, basically I have tried everything. I tried a different monitor and it works fine, so obviously a monitor problem. Acer is no help, so I guess it's time to turn to social media about how bad this monitor is and how Acer is not helping. Any other suggestions?
  • MarshalZ
    MarshalZ Member Posts: 3 New User
    I uninstalled Corsair's iCUE software and that fixed the monitor issue.