Battery goes down while plugged in while playing game??

fireexplorer23
fireexplorer23 Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently got a Acer Nitro 5 for Christmas and it is a solid computer noticed some crackling and I plan on going to best buy soon but that's beyond the point. Last night while playing emergeNYC I looked at the bottom right corner and noticed my battery had gone down and it said 16 minutes till full charge, but while I was playing I had my PC plugged in the whole time. Is something wrong with my power supply or my battery???

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @fireexplorer23
    Its kind of normal with few laptops that the battery reduces a bit while playing games even if it is connected to charger.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    @fireexplorer23
    While playing games the charge will go down for sure. But if the charger fully goes down than we need to check.
    Try the below step and than check
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

• fireexplorer23
    fireexplorer23 Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Jack22 said:
    @fireexplorer23
    While playing games the charge will go down for sure. But if the charger fully goes down than we need to check.
    Try the below step and than check
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

The charge has never fully gone down its gone down like at most I think 10 percent while playing. 

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @fireexplorer23
    Its kind of normal with few laptops that the battery reduces a bit while playing games even if it is connected to charger.

• Jack22
    @fireexplorer23
    If you want to know more about how to keep your battery safe. you can check the below link
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2384/~/how-to-charge-and-care-for-your-acer-battery