how to unlock advanced bios setup(Aspire V5-591G) ?

shaamamun
shaamamun Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I tried ( Fn + Tab ) 3 times but is not working. How I could do it?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Create a supervisor password and some settings will unlock.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Hi! Good morning!
    Depending on the model, these functions will only be released with the installation of a modified bios! However the installation of this type of bios is extremely risky and is not recommended as it will violate the warranty of the notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • shaamamun
    edited December 2018
    ven98 said:
    Ok .  My notebook model is 

Aspire V5-591G

Part Number is NX.G66SI.001
    I update this listed bios.
    1. Update Intel GOP to 9.0.1068 for new Win10 RS2 VGA driver support.
    2. Add a new panel source  2016/11/04   . Version 1.14
    3. Improve System Performance 2016/06/28.   Version 1.12
    1. Update Microcode 2. Change EC to V 1.2. 3. Update ME to 11.0.0.1202       2016/03/25      Version 1.08

• shaamamun
    Hi! Good morning!
    Depending on the model, these functions will only be released with the installation of a modified bios! However the installation of this type of bios is extremely risky and is not recommended as it will violate the warranty of the notebook!

Aspire V5-591G

4. 1. Update Microcode 2. Change EC to V 1.2. 3. Update ME to 11.0.0.1202       2016/03/25      Version 1.08
  • shaamamun
    edited December 2018
    can you let me know that how to make my m.2 ssd as a HDD 0. Now its on HDD 1 . That why when i remove my sata HDD my laptope Show me  NO BOOTABLE DRIVE. can you help me  please?

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Try disabling secure boot from BIOS. If the option is unavailable create a supervisor password and that will enable you to set it to disabled.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Do you have any OS installed on ssd?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • shaamamun
    Do you have any OS installed on ssd?
    Yah, i installed windows 10 on M.2 ssd. 
  • shaamamun
    ven98 said:
    Try disabling secure boot from BIOS. If the option is unavailable create a supervisor password and that will enable you to set it to disabled.
    Hi,
    I tried it but it's not solving my problem. Thank you 
  • Is uefi mode active on bootmode? Have you tried switching to legacy mode?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shaamamun
    Is uefi mode active on bootmode? Have you tried switching to legacy mode?
    yah.. UEFI mood is active. .. and when i turn on legacy mood then after restart SSD Not showing on boot option and 3 times (Fn + Tap ) also not working .
  • When you select uefi mode, does something like "windows boot manager" appear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shaamamun
    edited January 2019
    no. But when i select legacy pop up a massage like.For Windows 8 or higher operating full features UFEI useful. 

i can't remember the massage clearly 
  • Ok! Try this: connect the hd again and then msconfig; go to the system boot tab and put windows that is in ssd as default:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shaamamun
    not working.
  • mikeo87
    mikeo87 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi @shaamamun
    Must I install all the bios listed in chronological order from the earliest to to the latest ? or Can I just install the latest version? 
    Also, I have Aspire V5-591G . I opened the laptop and saw the M.2 ssd slot. Do you know if this laptop is compatible with NVMe SSD

Thanks

shaamamun said:
    ven98 said:

Aspire V5-591G

4. 1. Update Microcode 2. Change EC to V 1.2. 3. Update ME to 11.0.0.1202       2016/03/25      Version 1.08

• it is possible that the boot partition of the operating system is only on hd! how did you install the operating system in ssd? Have you cloned ssd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shaamamun
    edited January 2019
    it is possible that the boot partition of the operating system is only on hd! how did you install the operating system in ssd? Have you cloned ssd?
    I didn't clone ssd. It was pretty problematic. but now fine . i put ssd on ssd slot and installed Windows by usb. oh yah. i changed boot settings 
  • shaamamun
    edited January 2019
    mikeo87 
    Yah. you can install update bios by checking acer driver page manually or by Acer care center app. 

or Trying to update from Windows 10 update.
  • After installing windows, everything came back perfectly?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer