Acer Swift 3 (SF315-52-52YN) stuck at logo after BIOS update 1.07

tamilupk
tamilupk Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi All, 

I recently bought an Acer Swift 3 laptop (Model# SF315-52-52YN) which comes with 1TD HDD and 16GB Optane.
I replaced the HDD with Samsung 840EVO 256GB SSD and reinstalled Windows 10, everything went well until I installed BIOS update 1.07, Laptop restarted and stuck at acer Logo, not even able to reach BIOS.
I have to remove SSD even to reach bios or to boot from USB.
I tried replacing the original hard disk it worked fine, I even tried with different HDD it worked fine, So the problem is just with my SSD/BIOS. (BTW, I have also tested the SSD in another system and it is working fine there)
Is there any way to downgrade BIOS or Fix this issue?

-Thanks

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Great! If my answer, click I liked and then click accept to put the topic as resolved!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    Hi!
    You remember that when you connected ssd, sata mode was in "ahci" mode or in "rst with optante" mode?

Was the boot mode in legacy or uefi?

Did you create a password in setsupervisorpassword to disable secure boot? the bios by pressing the f9 and f10 keys to save when exiting?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tamilupk

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    Hi egydiocoelho!

Thanks for your reply!
    I tried with both ACHI and RST with optane mode, none worked...but before the bios update both the settings worked.
    Secure boot was disabled and Boot mode is set to UEFI.

PS: In fact, I have to remove the SSD even to reach the BIOS.
  • tamilupk

Tinkerer

The one difference I noticed between RST with Optane vs ACHI is, in RST mode it stucks at a black screen and in ACHI mode it stuck at the acer logo.
  • You said that the problem happened after upgrading to bios 1.07, correct? What was the previous version of bios? Do you have how to test ssd on another notebook or desktop?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tamilupk

Tinkerer

Yes it happened after BIOS 1.07 upgrade, I didn't notice the previous version (Also I could not downgrade the BIOS with the provided utility)
    I tested the SSD in another Laptop and it works perfectly fine.
  • The notebook box shows the version of bios that came installed, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tamilupk

Tinkerer

Yeah, I got it.
    It is 1.04
  • Have you updated bios before upgrading to version 1.07? Or was this the first time you updated the bios? Have you tried clicking on load setup defaults and then pressing f10 to save on exiting? Generally, when you restore the bios, some bugs that were present in the previous version are fixed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tamilupk

Tinkerer

Yes, I did some updates before upgrading it to 1.07, I tried load setup defaults and saving it as well.
    I even removed BIOS battery and disconnected Laptop battery in an attempt to restore the BIOS.
  • OK! I am considering that this problem is due to some bug present in version 1.07 of bios, because ssd worked normally on your notebook, and also works correctly on another computer!
    However I suggest you try resetting the battery to see if it solves the problem, as follows:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tamilupk

Tinkerer

Thanks egydiocoelho!

I did the same, but no luck :(
  • Have you tried disconnecting the optane memory to see if it initializes correctly through ssd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tamilupk

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    No, I didn't try disconnecting Optane SSD, However, I tried disabling the Optane in BIOS.
    Results are same.
  • As you opened the notebook to install ssd, I suggest you open it again and unplug the optane memory to see if it solves the problem until acer launches a new version of bios! I still think there should be some in that bios!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tamilupk

Tinkerer

Sure, I will try your suggestions and let you know the results.
  • tamilupk

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    It didn't work either egydiocoelho, probably the issue is the compatibility between my SSD and the new BIOS, I will either return the Laptop or will wait for BIOS update.
    Thanks a lot for your Excellent support, this means a lot to me.
  • OK! When you have your problem solved, post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I do not want that to be the same problem, as the ssd of the Inothome user is not identified in the bios! Did you already press the f9 key to restore the bios and then f10 to save on exiting? Have you tried disconnecting optane memory?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tamilupk

Tinkerer

I do not want that to be the same problem, as the ssd of the Inothome user is not identified in the bios! Did you already press the f9 key to restore the bios and then f10 to save on exiting? Have you tried disconnecting optane memory?
    Yes, I did reset the BIOS and tried all other combinations for hours as per our above discussion.
    Even tried after removing Optane memory. Now my only option would be NVMe SSD.