wireless network adapter not working w/ win 8

mikcoy
mikcoy Member Posts: 1 New User

Answers

• Raffi
    Raffi Member Posts: 59 Troubleshooter

Help us with more information..

is it win 8 upgrade or pre installed

describe the issue in detail.. if network adapter is not working,you can uninstall the wireless network adapter and restart the computer ,driver would be installed automatically..

• droptinib
    droptinib Member Posts: 3 New User

I have tried everything I can think of. The wireless card worked yesterday (I turned it off w/ fncf3) but now it will not turn on using that key (turns airplane mode on and off). I have installed and reinstalled atheros wireless network driver and also ePower driver, thinking it might just be a button glitch (but turns airplane on and off). But the wifi will not turn on. I have disabled ahteros driver in control panel shutdown, and then enabled it when I was up and going again. WIFI WON'T TURN ON. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• droptinib

Thought you might want to know the system

Acer Aspire V3-771G-9809

i7-3632QM

5400 spin 1TB hdd

Win 8 came on comp

Bought comp new about a month ago.

• kingjah
    kingjah Member Posts: 6 New User

V3-771G-9809

I just ordered this computer. I hope it does not have any issues or I will be requesting my funds back right away. I should have done more research. 

• gh0st
    gh0st Member Posts: 2 New User

I also had the same issue with the V3 771G-9809. Updating the BIOS seems to fix it (my wireless adp now works after the update), but I will not put my laptop back in Airplane mode to test until Acer gives us more informaion about this issue. 

Acer US Driver Dowlnoads:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• droptinib

Ghost you are right. I finally looked on you tube. Guy had same prob different acer model. Thats what he did update bios and it worked. I tried it and my laptop works fine now. Thanks for the reply. I was getting on to give an update, shame we have to do this. But it all works now and im happy. Love the laptop.

• Annoyed
    Annoyed Member Posts: 3 New User

I have ACER  V5-122P-0408

U R RECOMMENDING uninstall then reboot the network adapter(s)..there are two lisated.

This discussion has been closed.