Constant flickering on Acer predator Acer Predator XB271HU

Golic
Golic Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I can't get rid of the screen flickering. It can randomly flicker every second, then it disappears for one hour. It seem to not appear that often on 1080p@60hz. However when I turn it to 1440p@144hz it starts all over. It basically goes black for a second.

My specs:
GTX 1060
Acer Predator XB271HU
Display port for 4k@60 - version 1.2 (10m length)

I am convinced it's due to the cable or Nvidia - I have used the short 1m attached to monitor and it worked fine. Things that did not help:

* Installing latest drivers + Display Port Nvidia fix
* Overide the scale mode set by games and programs in Nvidia panel (found it somewhere on the net and it helped a lot of people)

I can get shorter display port but it would still have to be minimum 7 meters. There is no option to use HDMI - I am using it for amplituner.

For now I am limited to change resolution and framerate constantly and hope that it's not going to flicker.

Answers

• Hello! What is the exact model of the desktop? Example an515-51! Have you tried disabling fast start up to see if it solved the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Golic
    Golic Member Posts: 2 New User
    My issue is related with monitor not laptop :) 
  • It would be interesting if you the exact model of the notebook and the video card!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • C3real
    C3real Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey guys. i had this exact same problem on my Predator... after playing with various graphics settings etc, the thing that fixed it for me turned out to be power settings. I noticed that when I removed the power adapter from the laptop the flickering stopped so possibly power related, when changing my power settings from 'Performance' back to 'Balanced'... the flickering stopped and hasn't returned. Hope this helps someone