271HU Screen glitches.

Jlee91
Jlee91 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives

I bought this monitor on Amazon and received it earlier today.

As you see from the photos, games just become unplayable due to serious graphic glitches after about 5 minutes of playing.
Also, windows texts and icons crack sometimes and become illegible, though I forgot to take photos of those.
These issues happen when the monitor was set to default and when overclocked.

My pc spec:
Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1070 ti Titanium
Corsair LPX 16gb 3000 C15

Every driver is up to date.

Best Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    It can be just a coincidence.

To test if the issue is because of Gsync, you can disable it from nvidia control panel. Faulty gsync doesn't cause artifacting as far as I know.

Maybe you can try using a different port of the GPU.

I have run out of suggestions. If you think the problem is in the monitor return it. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    You are welcome.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Answers

• Jlee91
    The motherboard is B450 Tomahawk
    And the system was built less than 10 days ago.
  • ven98
    This doesn't look like a monitor issue on first sight, more like an issue with the VRAM of the GPU. Can you try connecting the monitor to the motherboard port instead of the GPU ports. This way the PC will run from the Intel HD graphics, so you can determine whether the problem is the monitor or the GPU.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Jlee91
    ven98 said:
    This doesn't look like a monitor issue on first sight, more like an issue with the VRAM of the GPU. Can you try connecting the monitor to the motherboard port instead of the GPU ports. This way the PC will run from the Intel HD graphics, so you can determine whether the problem is the monitor or the GPU.
    Thanks for the reply ven98.
    My motherboard(B450 Tomahawk) doesn't have a DP port and I'm not sure if it has a Intel Intergrated gpu or not.
    I just ran another custom game to see how the VRAM is being used while gaming, and the screen turned green after about 2 minutes when 2218mb of VRAM is being used and if I'm not wrong, 1070 TI has 8GB of VRAM.

• ven98
    When you have an issue with the VRAM it doesn't matter how much VRAM is used, as all RAM modules inside the GPU work together all the time. What matters is at what frequency the modules are working and that all of them are working. If this happens on a benchmark and gaming only or in certain conditions when the GPU is under load then I can safely assume that it is the GPU that is causing this. The monitor doesn't care about whether you are gaming or is it sitting at idle or how much resources the GPU is using. It just displays what the GPU provides it with.

Sorry, I didn't read your PC's specs. ryzen 5 2600 doesn't have integrated graphics, which means you need to find another monitor or some kind of display output to find where the problem is 100%.

If you return the monitor and if it doesn't indeed have this problem they will charge you for troubleshooting the monitor + shipping fees.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Jlee91
    ven98 said:
    When you have an issue with the VRAM it doesn't matter how much VRAM is used, as all RAM modules inside the GPU work together all the time. What matters is at what frequency the modules are working and that all of them are working. If this happens on a benchmark and gaming only or in certain conditions when the GPU is under load then I can safely assume that it is the GPU that is causing this. The monitor doesn't care about whether you are gaming or is it sitting at idle or how much resources the GPU is using. It just displays what the GPU provides it with.

Sorry, I didn't read your PC's specs. ryzen 5 2600 doesn't have integrated graphics, which means you need to find another monitor or some kind of display output to find where the problem is 100%.

If you return the monitor and if it doesn't indeed have this problem they will charge you for troubleshooting the monitor + shipping fees.
    I've used another monitor 'hp 27es' for the past week or so, and I didn't have a single issue with it though.
    I have also run several benchmarks, but never had this problem until I started using this monitor.
    My guess is something to do with G-Sync? 
  • ven98
    Answer ✓

To test if the issue is because of Gsync, you can disable it from nvidia control panel. Faulty gsync doesn't cause artifacting as far as I know.

I have run out of suggestions. If you think the problem is in the monitor return it. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Jlee91
    ven98 said:

I tried turn the G sync on and off on different screen resolutions without finding out any probable cause.
    It was the VRAM issue indeed.
    I've run several sets of gpu benchmarks with different overclocks, and it turned out to be unstable gpu overclock that was causing the issue.
    Thank you for your help ven98.
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    You are welcome.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system