Nitro 5 AN515-52 Keyboard Problem

MartinusAngger
MartinusAngger Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Why my keyboard backlight keep auto turning off after 30 seconds even my laptop is plugged in

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It looks like there is some bug in version 1.22 of bios for your model! I suggest you wait for the release of a new bios, because the risk of you trying to downgrade the bios, is much higher than the bios update itself!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @MartinusAngger
    Yes, you are right. I have also given you a link to check on it
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    @MartinusAngger

The below listed are the default functionality of the keyboard backlight for Nitro laptop.

You can press FN+F9 to turn the keyboard backlight on and off.
    While using AC adapter power, the keyboard backlight default is ON 
    On Battery power, the keyboard backlight default is OFF.
    The keyboard will always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke. The timer is fixed at 30 seconds.
    The system will not remember the keyboard backlight settings after resuming from sleep or shutdown.
    The keyboard backlight settings will return to default after resuming from sleep or shutdown.

• Jack22
    @MartinusAngger
    For more info about backlight you can also check the below link
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903/~/acer-nitro-keyboard-backlight

• MartinusAngger
    so even my laptop is plugged in its still turning off after 30 seconds ??
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It looks like there is some bug in version 1.22 of bios for your model! I suggest you wait for the release of a new bios, because the risk of you trying to downgrade the bios, is much higher than the bios update itself!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @MartinusAngger
    Yes, you are right. I have also given you a link to check on it

• MartinusAngger
    oh you're right that happens after i upgrade my bios from 1.19 to 1.22 thanks mate, i will wait the next bios update. by the way what is ABST support and microcode 0x96 ???
  • Honestly I do not know the meaning of this nomenclature! But I think it may be related to some security question in bios!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited January 2019

Hi all,

We apologize for all the confusion this has created, I want to clarify that the intended behavior of the backlight on all Nitro's 5 and Acer models is to always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke, this is not a bug but a feature (is not new), and it is a power saver (it does save on battery life).

Please refer to the following knowledge article link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903 We will provide your feedback to our design/engineering team for future consideration, but at the moment theirs no information that this feature will be changed.

NoteThis thread will be now closed and this marked as the official solution.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause,

Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.