2018 Acer Swift 1 SF114-32 backlit keyboard

Mateo620
Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just ordered a SF114-32-P2PK and knew it didn't come with a backlit keyboard. I've seen some SF114-32 models do. The US Acer website even shows it in the SF114-32's home page. I'd like to buy and install the backlit keyboard but I don't know the part number.

Can someone help me find it? Will Acer ever offer the backlit keyboard to US customers? Seems kind of strange other markets got it but ours didn't. I'd gladly pay for a backlit qwerty keyboard.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,448 Trailblazer
    SV3P_A80BWL or NK.I1313.02X You might not 'gladly' pay for it after you see the prices.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mateo620
    Can you elaborate on what you mean? I don't understand.
  • JackE
    Well that just means I would reluctantly, not gladly, pay the price. :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mateo620
    Because the cost is high, I see. But I just wanted to confirm that there is a qwerty English backlit keyboard available. It's just really expensive is what you meant. When I googled those two part numbers you gave me i was confuaco as to which item it actually referred to. The site listed a few items.
  • JackE
    The first number is the KB manufacturer's (Chicony) part number. The second number is the ACER part number for the same backlit KB. The full description is "Phantom KB CHICONY SV3P_A80BWL SV3P Internal 13 Standard Black White Backlit". Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mateo620
    edited December 2018
    JackE said:
    The first number is the KB manufacturer's (Chicony) part number. The second number is the ACER part number for the same backlit KB. The full description is "Phantom KB CHICONY SV3P_A80BWL SV3P Internal 13 Standard Black White Backlit". Jack E/NJ

Understood. But is the KB manufacturer's (Chicony) part number just the keyboard or the keyboard/touchpad/fingerprint sensor palm rest assembly all together? From some of my research I've done, it doesn't seem like the keyboard itself can be separated from the palm rest assembly.

The second part number is the Acer part number for the same backlit KB. Got it! With these two part numbers I could then call up Acer and order the KB correct?

Thank you so much, you have been very helpful!

For future reference, here is a YouTube video by YouTuber I'm Sens showing what looks like an English QWERTY backlit KB. This looks to be exactly what I'd want. Judging by his accent and video I think his model is from the UK. 

https://youtu.be/dmz6E_FDbpQ

Here is the provided link to the Amazon web-page to the model SF114-32-P8MU. 

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07FFJ91HN/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=sense07-21&creative=6742&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07FFJ91HN&linkId=bbde6af448666f923f82a65f47589e77
  • JackE
    Keyboard is usually sold with upper case minus guts of the touchpad and/or other sensors. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• getdealtwith
    getdealtwith Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, can someone provide a link to where I can buy this keyboard? I've googled the Chicony and Acer part numbers but am coming up empty. Thx 
  • Mateo620
    I'd appreciate a link too.

Although I'm doing okay with my non-backlit keyboard, the backlit keyboard part would be much better in low light situations and put a smile on my face!  :)