Computer won't start after BIOS update (Orion 3000 PO3-600)

IlyaN
IlyaN Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
I have just bought Predator Orion 3000 PO3-600 and tried to update BIOS. After updating BIOS (downloaded from the official website and run a file from UCP folder like documentation suggests) the computer stops loading. I get the screen Predator and "Press Del ... to open BIOS". It just stops there and does not react to anything. I tried every possible query on google and on acer website, but cannot find any documentation whatsoever on the BIOS recovery procedures. Can anyone help me point to the documentation or some other ways to do it. I really hope there exists a way to reset it it factory defaults.

Answers

• Have you tried entering the bios through windows 10? Do you know which version of bios was installed earlier?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IlyaN
    I am not sure what do you mean by entering BIOS through Windows 10 since I can't get Windows to load at all? I think the version was 2.20.1272 (not sure about the last 2 digits).
  • I was referring to this procedure, see: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqObRbu1DRo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IlyaN
    Hey, I cannot get to that screen unfortunately since everything stops at the BIOS screen :(
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    Does your notebook display a trace in the upper left corner of the screen when you try to enter the BIOS? Can you make a video or send a photo of the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IlyaN
    edited December 2018
    No, it's no trace whatsoever the only thing that I see is the Predator logo in the middle and "Press Del or F12 to enter setup..." at the bottom left. There is nothing else unfortunately. I can try to make a photo and post it as well.

So I actually cannot enter the BIOS itself, there is no reaction when I try to press any button.
  • Have you tried to reset the power as it was said in this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=3KziUOP8fUU
    Although the video shows the procedure on a notebook, you can do the same on a desktop!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IlyaN
    I have tried to follow the same steps, though not 100% sure exactly, that's what I did:
    1. Turned off PC and disconnected it from power supply
    2. Pressed the power button for 30 seconds
    Nothing changed after that. Tried to do the same thing with power on as well, but no luck either.
  • OK! Try this:
    Unplug the desktop from the wall outlet and then unplug the rtc battery! Switch the CMOS jumper to position 2, 3 and wait a few minutes:

Then put the jumper in the original position and connect the rtc battery!
    If this does not work, then I suggest you contact your region's technical support!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IlyaN
    Hey! THanks for help, I'll try doing that. Where did you get that picture? I tried to find technical documentation but did not manage. Can you post it here or post a URL to it?
  • Unfortunately I can only post photos! As it is a service manual, I can not make it available for download as the document is owned by Acer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer