Acer chromebook 14 (cb3-431) HDMI doesn't work with any Chrome OS greater than version 68

lmcadams
lmcadams Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
We have had a number of these devices that will no longer recognize when an HDMI cable is plugged in for projectors or monitors.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I have frozen updates on these devices at 68.  I have wiped these devices multiple times and tried Chrome OS versions up through 72 and the problem persists.  I don't know what else to try.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Answers

• thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    HI lmcadams, Please try connecting HDMI using developer mode in the chrome OS.
  • lmcadams
    lmcadams Member Posts: 2 New User
    I un-enrolled the chromebook and enabled developer mode, the HDMI still does not recognize the second monitor or projector.  Are there any debugging commands I can try?  I ran the memory and storage test and everything was fine.
  • jack7
    jack7 Member Posts: 2 New User
    What is developer mode. I have an Acer chromebook CB3-431 and the HDMI has been dropping the picture every 10 min. I have a new HDMI and it still happens. i have to restart it to get the picture, but it only last a few minutes then no picture.What should I do?