About bios update in my acer nitro 5

mhasandx
mhasandx Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
hello. i see there is two bios(v1.15 and v1.19) update for my acer nitro 5. my current bios is v1.13.. do i have to flush every bios sequentially or just the v1.19 one?

Best Answer

• LarryD
    LarryD Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Answer ✓
    You can go straight to the 1.19 version.

It's easy to do. Download, run the program. The laptop will reboot and run it's thing taking around 35 seconds to do so.

Answers

• LarryD
    Answer ✓
    You can go straight to the 1.19 version.

It's easy to do. Download, run the program. The laptop will reboot and run it's thing taking around 35 seconds to do so.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    @mhasandx What problem are you having with v1.13 firmware that you think 1.15 or 1.19 update will fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    You can upgrade directly to version 1.19! However there is the risk of your notebook becoming a brick!
    I'm helping the @LarryD user who has this same version of bios and legacy mode is locked in version 1.19! Is your model an an515-52g? If it is, do not upgrade!
    Is version 1.13 legacy mode unlocked?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mhasandx
    You can upgrade directly to version 1.19! However there is the risk of your notebook becoming a brick!
    I'm helping the @LarryD user who has this same version of bios and legacy mode is locked in version 1.19! Is your model an an515-52g? If it is, do not upgrade!
    Is version 1.13 legacy mode unlocked?
    yeah it is unloacked in v1.13
  • JackE
    Then you definitely do NOT want to try to downgrade to v1.19 especially if you're having no issues with v1.13. Just because it's called an update doesn't always mean it's an upgrade to something better. I'm not sure if @LarryD has same nitro model, but if he's tuned in he might want to try to upgrade from v1.19 to the earliest ACER version he can find for his nitro model or if he's really adventuresome the v1.13 that you apparently still have for your model.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LarryD
    Yes I tried the acer bios installer / app with an earlier version but it won't allow a downgrade. There was a post stating how to over-rule the check but it was deleted. If anyone has the procedure to downgrade I would be grateful for a PM with info.
  • Does using the recovery crisis procedure serve to downgrade bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dear @mhasandx! Is your model an an515-52g?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    @LarryD >>>There was a post stating how to over-rule the check but it was deleted. >>>

Better not get deleted or else.  :) Jack E/NJ

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/400696/#Comment_400696
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/551907#Comment_551907

Jack E/NJ

• mhasandx
    Dear @mhasandx! Is your model an an515-52g?
    no.. its AN515-51 7th gen one
  • nathandty
    nathandty Member Posts: 1 New User
    Great update, thank a lot!

------------------------------------------
    Remanufactured Engines

• khenjoe
    khenjoe Member Posts: 1 New User
    can i upgrade bios ? to 1.19 ? i often have hanging and  freezing issues ? i have the nitro 5 AN515-52 model.plss I need your help badly
  • These problems can be caused by windows or by some driver that is not working properly! You may also be experiencing disk problems by 100%! Check this in the task manager!
    You can even upgrade to bios version 1.19, but be aware that your notebook might turn out to be a brick!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    @khenjoe >>>can i upgrade bios ? to 1.19 ? i often have hanging and  freezing issues ? i have the nitro 5 AN515-52 model.plss I need your help badly>>>

[1] Has this always been an issue? [2] Run msinfo32.exe. What BIOS version number does it say you have now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Predatortech01
    Predatortech01 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Bios Version 1.19 fixed the random shutdowns. 
  • Silent1012
    Silent1012 Member Posts: 6 New User
    What about AN515-42? Can i update my bios?
  • @Silent1012Yes you can! However it is important to clarify that the bios update is extremely important and could cause your notebook to become a brick!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Silent1012
    Silent1012 Member Posts: 6 New User
    @Silent1012Yes you can! However it is important to clarify that the bios update is extremely important and could cause your notebook to become a brick!
    It is really risky, so I will need a professional person to do it?
  • You do not have to take a computer technician (person professional) to update the bios! However updating the bios is rather a risky procedure!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DJDVerunque
    DJDVerunque Member Posts: 1 New User
    good day good sir/ma'am, is it advisable for me to update my bios (the model is nitro 5 AN515-42) its current version is at v1.09, and if yes, what version should i upgrade to: v1.19 or lower, please give me some advices. thank you in advance.