Predator Helios 300 No power

ZuLiX
ZuLiX Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, My 3 months old predator Helios 300 is not powering on. (On battery and on power) LED indicators do not light up even when connected to charger. 
I had used the laptop 2 days ago for gaming, it was perfecty fine at that time. The temperatures were low too since I wasn't playing that much of an intensive game.
I was travelling and I carried my laptop with me in a well padded Backpack. There are no signs of any external damage. Please help. 

Answers

• ZuLiX
    ZuLiX Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    no signs of life
  • Hoey
    Hoey Member Posts: 1 New User
    Exactly the same thing has happened to our Predator Helios 300.   Working fine then shutdown and no power. No lights showing it’s on or even charging.  Won’t start up.  Any ideas???? It’s less than 6 mo the old. 
    Many assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

ZuLiX said:
    Hi, My 3 months old predator Helios 300 is not powering on. (On battery and on power) LED indicators do not light up even when connected to charger. 
    I had used the laptop 2 days ago for gaming, it was perfecty fine at that time. The temperatures were low too since I wasn't playing that much of an intensive game.
    I was travelling and I carried my laptop with me in a well padded Backpack. There are no signs of any external damage. Please help. 

• gardner
    gardner Member Posts: 2 New User
    My 3 yr old Acer Nitro did this exact same thing.  I hope there is a solution that isnt going to cost me a wallet full

• PhoneTech
    PhoneTech Member Posts: 1 New User
    Have any of you guys taking your laptops apart and tested the voltages at the battery terminal to see if there is any voltage coming out of the battery.  I have a laptop here that inside the battery on both cells is getting 7.9 V but on the actual terminal leaving the battery going to the motherboard should be getting roughly about 15.8 volts and has 0 voltage going out.  This laptop has the same exact symptoms that you guys are describing I want to see if the battery has some kind of fuse on the board that is preventing the voltage from going in or out of the battery and that there's some kind of safety mechanism on the motherboard that prevents the laptop from powering on if the battery is giving out no voltage.  Is there a way any of you guys can test replacing the battery or use a multi meter to test if there is no voltage coming off the battery terminals on the motherboard and see if this is a consistent problem.