How to repair bios crash om TM5740G

Rubhub
Rubhub Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
In upgrading the bios from official website a write error occurred and the bios crashed. The computer switches on but does not go to the bios. I understand the bios can be rebooted from a usb disk. I think it is trying to boot from the cd drive. Any previous experience or ideas how to fix this boot up black screen problem on my Acer Travelmate

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    What problem were you having that you felt the BIOS update would fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rubhub
    Rubhub Member Posts: 2 New User
    My computer was not correctly using the battery. Bought a replacement battery and try to update the bios. Received a write error and the screen froze and the mouse could not move. Did a hard shut down but on startup got a black screen. Tried getting into bios on startup without success.  Downloaded bios software on usb as bootable device. Computer sees usb and tries to read the usb without success. I believe you have to change the name of a bolder on the bios software download. Not sure what file need to be changed. I think it is the .fd file but do not no what to rename it.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Yes. The fd file. Must be the only file on the stick. Try NEW70x64.fd  . Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MikeComputernet
    MikeComputernet Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    you can create a bootable usb , and try installing the motherboard software , to solve the bios problem , but in future if your laptop is not working properly don't upgrade the bios fix the operating system errors first so that your bios flash can not be interrupted , its a problem your motherboard can fail .