Error: PredatorSense requires AMD Ryzen Master Driver

ACustomer1234
ACustomer1234 Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello fellow Acer owners!

Does anybody know how to fix this error?  It suddenly showed up.

The error appears whenever I try to run PredatorSense.  As you can see in my screenshot, Ryzen Master runs just fine, indicating that the RyzenMasterDriver is correctl

Also, the RyzenMasterDriver is working correctly.  See here: 

Further, I've confirmed the AMDRyzenMaster service is correctly running.

Despite the Ryzen Master software / driver / service running correctly, I still get this error:

Does anybody know how I can fix this error please?

ALSO:   Acer has old versions of Ryzen Master + PredatorSense on their website.   Could somebody point me to the LATEST BUILD of PredatorSense?  3.00.3004 is not the latest build (laptop comes with 3.00.3005 for example).  Acer's Download only has 3.00.3004 which is old.

It may be that this situation can be resolved by simply re-installing PredatorSense 3.00.3005 (or newer), however, Acer does not have this available for download from where I can see. 

(EDIT:  Reposting as it is more clear with information, will delete older thread)

Answers

• ACustomer1234
    Any ideas please?
  • ACustomer1234
    Please help!
  • fejerm
    fejerm Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Did you try Ryzen Master 1.3.0 downloaded from Acer's website + Predator Sense 3.00.3004 ? 
    They might not be the latest versions, however they might have special optimizations made for your specific model. 

3.00.3005 is available for the Intel model, however as I said I would not mix software released for different build of systems. You would not gain anything neither by installing 3.00.3005 instead of 3.00.3004 which is available for your model. 
  • ACustomer1234
    Hello there,

As mentioned, Acer has OLD versions on it's website.  3.00.3005 is not the Intel model, it is the AMD version as well. .  It is what is shipping on the AMD laptops.  What I gain is making this work.  The software does not work.  It gives an error that is listed in the actual post.

I need this to work ASAP.  My laptop came with 3.00.3005 and I need to reinstall the software to see if it fixes the issue.

I need Acer involvement please! 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi ACustomer1234,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with Predator Sense application.  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?  

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• bobzdar
    bobzdar Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2019
    Hello there,

As mentioned, Acer has OLD versions on it's website.  3.00.3005 is not the Intel model, it is the AMD version as well. .  It is what is shipping on the AMD laptops.  What I gain is making this work.  The software does not work.  It gives an error that is listed in the actual post.

I need this to work ASAP.  My laptop came with 3.00.3005 and I need to reinstall the software to see if it fixes the issue.

I need Acer involvement please! 
    This is a known issue, you have to install the older Ryzen Master from the Acer website for Predator sense to work. 

Good news is that you can do that, set up predator sense (macros, fan speed, rgb colors etc.) and then re-install the new version and all of the settings in predator sense still work, including macros.  You just need to reload the older Ryzen Master version if you want to launch predator sense to make changes.

That said, the newer ryzen master version doesn't add much that makes it worth doing, at least in my experience with the two versions.  It lets you see your best and worst cores if you want to o/c them asynchronously, but the 2700 doesn't allow precision boost overdrive, which is the only other addition that would be worthwhile.
  • antihero26
    antihero26 Member Posts: 5 New User
    I followed the link in the error, typed in my S/N and there is no Ryzen Master driver in the available drivers where do I find the driver?