I am having ghost touches on my Spin SP315-51

bonzaipotato
bonzaipotato Member Posts: 2 New User
The left side of my touchscreen intermittently has ghost touches.  They occur up and down the screen, but always on the left side.  I know they're not coming from the touch pad.  I've read that I might want to reinstall drivers.  Any help and thoughts would be much appreciated.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    The left side of my touchscreen intermittently has ghost touches.  They occur up and down the screen, but always on the left side.  I know they're not coming from the touch pad.  I've read that I might want to reinstall drivers.  Any help and thoughts would be much appreciated.
    Try checking in the BIOS to see if the issue persist. 

While powering on the device keep pressing F2 key to access BIOS. Stay in BIOS screen for more than 1 minute and check if the described issue appears.

If the issue appears in BIOS then try the below steps and get back to BIOS screen to identify if the issue persist.

> Remove all the cables
    > Flip the device upside down and look for battery reset pinhole
    > Use a suitable tool and insert it into this hole and hold it for 30-40 sec

If the issue still persist in BIOS then its a hardware issue not driver issue. If your device has warranty then contact acer support for warranty help.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Bjornout
    Bjornout Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm experiencing the same issue. On the left side vertically I see very rapid ghost touches, up and down, which results in all my pages jumping up and down and zooming in.  It seems to be a hardware issue, cause when I change the stance of my screen (moving a bit forth and back) the ghost touching stops. Also working with my Acer on my lap (while on the couch) the ghost touching happens way more.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @Bjornout yours sounds like there's an issue with the eDP cable that goes between the motherboard and screen, it runs past the hinges and is one of the only few components that moves. Over time it can develop cracks in some of the wires, and they can gives symptoms that are affected by moving the screen. Do you have exactly the same model (SP315-51)? Are you still in warranty?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • simonkwan
    simonkwan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same problem with mine, need to disable the touchscreen driver. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @simonkwan you should use the Ask a Question button and start a new thread. This one is a few years old now and doesn't give the best visibility to other community members. Make sure you include your full model number (I'm assuming you have a Spin 3 at least, but it could be any of the different ones), what you are seeing and what you have tried so far.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.