Aspire E15 E5-572G-525V. Planning to upgrade my laptop RAM to 16GB will RAM with CL 9 work?

akshaysc
akshaysc Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
Aspire E15 E5-572G-525V. Planning to upgrade my laptop RAM to 16GB hve identified the ram, the current ram has a latency of 11 (CL 11) the ram i found is made by G.skills and has a latency CL 9 will it work? please help asap would be appreciated

Answers

• Will work yes! However, to run the dual channel is necessary to buy another memory size, speed, and cas latency!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • akshaysc
    Will work yes! However, to run the dual channel is necessary to buy another memory size, speed, and cas latency!

yes i am buy a 8x2 dual channel kit, my only concern was that if my cpu will support the CL9 cause my old ram which i will be removing has a cl 11 latency! thanks for the speedy reply but are you a 100% sure because its an investment and im worried it wont work..

• Your model supports this type of ram: 

To confirm the memory model your notebook is using, use aida64: 

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • akshaysc
    what does this mean?? will it support cas 9 latency??
  • akshaysc
    Your model supports this type of ram: 

ive attached my sccrenshot in the post above my main concern is about about CL/CAS of the ram which i am planning to buy and if it will work in my laptop which currently is running with a ram whose CL/CAS is 11. every other parameter is same ddr3L 1600mhz sodimm ram
  • A memory with cl = 9 will work on your notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• akshaysc
    A memory with cl = 9 will work on your notebook!
    i will probably have a few more doubts
  • akshaysc
    akshaysc said:
    Your model supports this type of ram: 

ive attached my sccrenshot in the post above my main concern is about about CL/CAS of the ram which i am planning to buy and if it will work in my laptop which currently is running with a ram whose CL/CAS is 11. every other parameter is same ddr3L 1600mhz sodimm ram
    what does that column "temporizacao de memoria" mean? in the screenshot i shared as the CL values drop so does the MHz so what does that mean?
  • I suggest you read this article that explains the cas latency: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAS_latency

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• akshaysc
    I suggest you read this article that explains the cas latency: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAS_latency
    hey i read it and tried to understand it but i couldnt too many technical terms that i dont understand
  • See that my first memory has cl = 9 at the fastest speed of 666mhz:

My second memory has cl = 10 at the speed of 666mhz, but also has cl = 9 at the speed of 666mhz too!

This means that both will be synchronized at cl=9 at the speed of 666mhz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• akshaysc
    See that my first memory has cl = 9 at the fastest speed of 666mhz:

My second memory has cl = 10 at the speed of 666mhz, but also has cl = 9 at the speed of 666mhz too!

This means that both will be synchronized at cl=9 at the speed of 666mhz!
    So umm is CL 11 @ 800mhz better or CL 9 @666 mhz? 
  • It would be better if you uploaded a photo of the configuration of your memory that is installed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• akshaysc
    It would be better if you uploaded a photo of the configuration of your memory that is installed!

• akshaysc
    akshaysc said:
    It would be better if you uploaded a photo of the configuration of your memory that is installed!

Does this help? 
  • Now I would like to see the memory link you want to buy!
    I also suggest you buy an identical memory that you have currently installed so that the dual channel works: ACR16D3LS1KNG/4G
    You can also opt for memories of 8gb ddr3L, 1.35v:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I would like to know the exact model of memory you want to buy!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• akshaysc
    I would like to know the exact model of memory you want to buy!
    https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-1600c9d-16grsl  this is the CL 9 

https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-1600c11d-16grsl  this is the CL 11 
  • Will you buy two memories? Or will you just buy a memory? If you are buying two 8gb memories, choose the one with the cl = 9!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• akshaysc
    Will you buy two memories? Or will you just buy a memory? If you are buying two 8gb memories, choose the one with the cl = 9!
    I am buying the two memories it's a kit.. but what does that mean CL 9 at 666mhz ? Is that worse than cl11 at 800mhz?