Predator g9-793 Fan control doesnt work and overheating

GodnesS
GodnesS Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, my laptop is 1 year old, Ever since i got it the CPU temp has been ~97 cpu and GPU temp not far off
and the fans seem to go in one speed, I use to have another predator before this and the fans would change speeds all the time but here nothing changes.
I tried using the predator sense (updated) to put the fans on Max and nothing changes (except a graphics on the screen)
this is how it is all the time (even when i overclock)

Any tips?
Thank you :)

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Increase laptop height by about an inch using felt pads under feet.
    Get an external usb fan.
    Putting internal fans on max will only wear them out, and also heat them.
    If your power profile is max performance, change it to balanced or create a personalized power profile.
    Consider under volting, and optimize windows to remove or disable all unnecessary windows services, including windows store.

With the above optimizations fans on auto with windows managing it should be more than enough.

Also consider cleaning fans regularly.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • GodnesS
    GodnesS Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Hi thanks for the answer, I got a stand for my pc with 2 fans blowing air up into it, i got the frost core fan
    my problem is that the max fans option doesnt even work... no idea why
    my power profile is a custom one to avoid max performance.
    ill research undervolting but it seems wrong to me that the fans dont respond and the temps are constantly at 95+
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    GodnesS said:
    Hi thanks for the answer, I got a stand for my pc with 2 fans blowing air up into it, i got the frost core fan
    my problem is that the max fans option doesnt even work... no idea why
    my power profile is a custom one to avoid max performance.
    ill research undervolting but it seems wrong to me that the fans dont respond and the temps are constantly at 95+
    Try using the attached power plan and select it and let me know how it goes.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • kratos911
    kratos911 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I was having the same issue.
    apply a new thermal paste, that'll help.
    On the original thermal paste the temp goes up to 100 for the CPU
    I used (Noctua NT-H1). the temps dropped to 70s up to 80 on the full load.
    Check for the best way to apply the paste.