Acer PH315-51-78NP keeps crashing/freezing

Krok47
Krok47 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My laptop has been crashing/freezing while playing games like Fortnite and Civ VI. Randomly, the laptop will freeze on whatever the last frame is and I have to hold down the power button to restart it. I got the laptop a couple of months ago and the crashing/freezing started happening the day I got it. I brushed it off, not thinking much of it, but it would continue to crash and now has gotten worse. It now crashes randomly just with a single Chrome tab open. I know its not a temperature issue because it runs around 75-80 degrees while playing games, and now it crashes when its at 50 degrees. I have updated all the drivers even the ones directly from the NVIDIA GeForce website, but nothing works. Looking for any suggestions.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Krok47 said:
    My laptop has been crashing/freezing while playing games like Fortnite and Civ VI. Randomly, the laptop will freeze on whatever the last frame is and I have to hold down the power button to restart it. I got the laptop a couple of months ago and the crashing/freezing started happening the day I got it. I brushed it off, not thinking much of it, but it would continue to crash and now has gotten worse. It now crashes randomly just with a single Chrome tab open. I know its not a temperature issue because it runs around 75-80 degrees while playing games, and now it crashes when its at 50 degrees. I have updated all the drivers even the ones directly from the NVIDIA GeForce website, but nothing works. Looking for any suggestions.

Try to increase virtual memory. Doing this it should allow you to access more files without any crash.

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/increasing-virtual-memory-on-windows/
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer