Bios features gone for AN515-53-55G9

Etheral
Etheral Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone, new here on this little slice of the internet. 
Quick question regarding the bios. 
I had just booted in tonight and had options to fiddle with my RAM timings and a bunch of other stuff, but when I rebooted I couldn't find it anywhere. I swear I just clicked F2 and found it among the Advanced tab, but now it's gone! 

Does anyone know how I can get back to where I can look at all those options?
Also, as a second quick question. Does anyone notice that their RAM is only at 1333Mhz for DDR4? What's the deal with that? 
I have a 2018 Nitro V. AN515-53-55G9

Answers

• OK! press f2 for enter the bios! After press f9 for restaure the bios and press f10 for the saving and exit!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Etheral

Tinkerer

Hey, egydiocoelho said:
    OK! press f2 for enter the bios! After press f9 for restaure the bios and press f10 for the saving and exit!
    Sorry, but you didn't address my question. I'll give ya another chance if you're up to it. XD
  • What is the version bios installed? To enable some extra functions in bios, it is necessary to create a password in setsupervisorpassword! Have you done that?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Etheral

Tinkerer

What is the version bios installed? To enable some extra functions in bios, it is necessary to create a password in setsupervisorpassword! Have you done that?
    I have BIOS vs 1.19
    I have created a password already to make sure that wasn't the issue. 

Eu tenho BIOS vs 1,19
    Eu criei uma senha já para ter certeza de que esse não era o problema.
  • Did the advanced option disappear after a bios update? Have you tried resetting the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• magnetoeric
    magnetoeric Member Posts: 23 Networker
    What is the version bios installed? To enable some extra functions in bios, it is necessary to create a password in setsupervisorpassword! Have you done that?
    This is the 1st time i'm hearing about this  :open_mouth: Does this work on nitro 5 AN515-52 too? Also can you please elaborate on how to do that? 
  • Usually some functions are freed when creating a password in setsupervisorpassword! However, the advanced option will hardly be released with the creation of this password, requiring the use of a modified bios!
    To create a password in setsupervisorpassword, enter the bios by pressing f2 as soon as you turn on the notebook, and then go to the security section. Then create a password in setsupervisorpassword and press f10 to save on exit!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• magnetoeric
    magnetoeric Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Usually some functions are freed when creating a password in setsupervisorpassword! However, the advanced option will hardly be released with the creation of this password, requiring the use of a modified bios!
    To create a password in setsupervisorpassword, enter the bios by pressing f2 as soon as you turn on the notebook, and then go to the security section. Then create a password in setsupervisorpassword and press f10 to save on exit!
    Thank you. If this doesn't work, is there any other way to unlock advanced options? This is my BIOS version: "ACRSYS - 0", "V1.19", "INSYDE Corp. - 57422119"
    Sorry for hijacking your post OP  :/
  • Only with the installation of a modified bios! However, this procedure is extremely risky and will cause the notebook to lose its warranty!
    Plus, your notebook could turn out to be a brick!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tone__
    Tone__ Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same thing happened to me... not sure how I managed to accidentally enable the second "advanced" tab in bios but the options available in this tab were, as the name implies, truly "advanced". The settings available in there were what every power user would ever dream of having. Stupidly, I rebooted and they were gone. So sad. Obviously these advanced options are already there since I also witnessed them but are obviously hidden and I don't know how to unhide them. I tried every button on the keyboard to use as a keystroke with F2 at boot to open bios in the mode with the advanced settings enabled to no avail. I did on the other hand, find that opening the bios with SHIFT+F2 opens the bios in some manufacture mode but I didn't see any difference in this mode except that the computer hangs when I try to save changes and exit nd the text at the top where it says InsydeH20 is in red and it says "Manufacture". I have Acer AN515-53.

• As both models (an515-52 and an515-53) use the same and the same bios, it would be interesting to inform the version of bios that is installed on your notebook @Tone__

egydiocoelho Trailblazer