Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-50U2 not performing as expected.

bcamargo0296
bcamargo0296 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey, guys!

So, I'm having issues with my newly bought Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-50U2. It comes with a GTX 1050, an i5 7300-HQ and 8 GB of RAM, but it's just not performing like expected.

I already have all latest drivers installed and the GeForce selected as the preferred GPU on NVIDIA Control Panel, but games aren't running nearly as smoothly as I've seen on tests on YouTube.

For example, in this YouTube video, Tom Clancy's The Division runs on ultra at over 20 FPS (while recording), while I get around 2, so obviously, there's something wrong. :c

Any help is appreciated!

Best Answer

• bcamargo0296
    Answer ✓
    Turns out NVIDIA's latest driver (417.22) was the the problem. If you're reading this and facing the same issue with your GeForce GTX 1050M, I recommend downgrading to 417.21. Works like a charm now! c:

Answers

• ParadigmFusion
    ParadigmFusion Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

There can be several factors here, but it seems like you are running that game on Intel Graphics instead of the 1050, go into Nvidia 3D settings and make sure your preferred graphics is the 1050, also make sure you are set to run at high performance mode in the power options, and also keep in mind the 1050 while is fairly decent it is comparable to say a desktop level geforce 960 so dont be afraid to turn a few things down or off for better performance.
  • bcamargo0296
    Answer ✓
    Turns out NVIDIA's latest driver (417.22) was the the problem. If you're reading this and facing the same issue with your GeForce GTX 1050M, I recommend downgrading to 417.21. Works like a charm now! c:
  • Bryan_rm
    Bryan_rm Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

how much ram you can use? i have 8gm but can olny use 5,90 :/