M.2 SSD wont show up in BIOS boot list. NItro 5 AN515 53 FA

manuuchiha
manuuchiha Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I installed a M.2 SSD samsung 970 evo on my Nitro 5 and already installed windows 10 from a USB on it and is working fine but it wont show up in the BIOS boot list so i can set it to boot from it.
Could someone tell me why? thanks.

Answers

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,488 Pathfinder
    Hi.

If the installation medium is well done from the middle of windows 10 offered by microsoft, it would be to enter into bios and disable the secure boot, once you disable the restart with the pendrive connected, it should be seen in the bios.

regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • Hi,
    I think the Boot manager will recognise it after few restarts, What's showing as first boot device at the moment?

• manuuchiha

Tinkerer

Hi,
    I think the Boot manager will recognise it after few restarts, What's showing as first boot device at the moment?

the original HDD disk, so i need to restart it several times?
  • manuuchiha

Tinkerer

IVAN_PC said:
    Hi.

If the installation medium is well done from the middle of windows 10 offered by microsoft, it would be to enter into bios and disable the secure boot, once you disable the restart with the pendrive connected, it should be seen in the bios.

regards.
    Still does not show up. 
  • ufran
    ufran Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same issue with a Samsung M.2 970 Pro 512GB here - built into an Acer Travelmate V3 372 and no show in BIOS neither for Windows 10-Setup...
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    IVAN_PC said:
    Hi.

regards.
    Still does not show up. 
    Hi,
    Could you please try removing the original HDD and boot with only the SSD and see what happens.
    You could also try switching to "IRST with Optane " option for SATA mode in BIOS, if it's available. Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab, check the options for SATA mode.

• ufran
    ufran Member Posts: 2 New User
    ufran said:
    I have the same issue with a Samsung M.2 970 Pro 512GB here - built into an Acer Travelmate V3 372 and no show in BIOS neither for Windows 10-Setup...
    ok - got it. My M.2 SSD has PCIe-interface and I need a SATA interface - which is a different one.
  • manuuchiha

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Could you please try removing the original HDD and boot with only the SSD and see what happens.
    You could also try switching to "IRST with Optane " option for SATA mode in BIOS, if it's available. Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab, check the options for SATA mode.

I removed the HDD and got "NO BOOTABLE DEVICE" on screen. Also chance the AHCI to RST with optane and I got this screen
    Resultado de imagen para blue screen inaccessible boot device acer
    I changed it back to AHCI and pc works again but the SSD still doesnt show up on the priority list.
  • Hi,
    Could you please post the Disk management snip, like mine.

• manuuchiha

Tinkerer

hello, here it is

• manuuchiha

Tinkerer

I managed to fix it, thanks. 
  • EChilders
    EChilders Member Posts: 3 New User
    How? I'm having the same problem. 
  • dpetines
    dpetines Member Posts: 1 New User
    EChilders said:
    How? I'm having the same problem. 
    i have the same problem on my nitro can you post how did you managed to fix it
  • manuuchiha

Tinkerer

Hello,
    I had to start all over again. First I  clean installed windows to the original HDD again from a usb, then I formatted and deleted all partitions from the SSD using the program " minitool partition wizard". Then I cloned the HDD to the SSD using "easeus todo backup" and the SSD finally showed up on the BIOS, but HDD didnt. After that i just formatted the HDD. Hope this helps.
  • Steevee
    Steevee Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Hello,
    I had to start all over again. First I  clean installed windows to the original HDD again from a usb, then I formatted and deleted all partitions from the SSD using the program " minitool partition wizard". Then I cloned the HDD to the SSD using "easeus todo backup" and the SSD finally showed up on the BIOS, but HDD didnt. After that i just formatted the HDD. Hope this helps.
    @manuuchiha
    I had same problem. 
    I tried your method, but not working. Any better ideas?