Is it safe to put my nitro5 to sleep?

Lexton
Lexton Member Posts: 19 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey there just wanted to know since I have a bad habit if I to say so my self. 
Where I will leave my nitro 5 on for about an hour where it just auto sleep. So lately I've been playing bout 7hours and take a hour break some where at the half zone of 7hours. So the main point here is would it be better to shutdown forfor a whileand turn it back on or should I just let it auto sleep? Is it safe? I

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Lexton
    If you want to resume soon than you can let go the laptop to sleep. But if you not gonna doing anything on the laptop for hours than its better you shut down the laptop.But when the laptop is in sleep mode it will drain your battery slowly.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Etheral
    Etheral Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited December 2018 Answer ✓
    Yes, it is completely safe. If you happen to leave it alone for a very long time you may come back to a dead battery. So, remember so save your work if you're not sure when you will be returning. This may also wear out your internal battery prematurely over time, but not much of an issue if you rarely venture away from an outlet. 

If you have a Mechanical Hard Drive you may want to rely on that Sleep Mode. If you have a Solid State Drive then it's really up to you as boot-times are very quick on those drives. 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Lexton
    If you want to resume soon than you can let go the laptop to sleep. But if you not gonna doing anything on the laptop for hours than its better you shut down the laptop.But when the laptop is in sleep mode it will drain your battery slowly.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
  • Etheral
    Etheral Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited December 2018 Answer ✓
    Yes, it is completely safe. If you happen to leave it alone for a very long time you may come back to a dead battery. So, remember so save your work if you're not sure when you will be returning. This may also wear out your internal battery prematurely over time, but not much of an issue if you rarely venture away from an outlet. 

If you have a Mechanical Hard Drive you may want to rely on that Sleep Mode. If you have a Solid State Drive then it's really up to you as boot-times are very quick on those drives. 
  • vkk
    vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Putting it to hibernate could be an option you can try . Slower than sleep but you can resume where u left .And it doesn't drain battery .