Ssd disappearing after restart????? Please help

asad814
asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have kingston nvme ssd installed in first slot...when i shut down and start the system the ssd vanishes and then i restart the system it comes back...please help...model:g9 793

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK! Turn off the notebook and disconnect the hd and ssds:

This will probably break the array, but I do not think there is another solution!
    Then turn on the notebook with the hd and the ssds disconnected and try to enter the bios by pressing f2! Change to uefi mode again and then connect the ssds and hd!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,486 Pathfinder
    Hi.

Try changing the mode of the disk controller to RAID, I also think it is a problem with the sata interface.

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • asad814
    It is in raid....
  • IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,486 Pathfinder

Do you connect it with another device? If it is in raid, it is possible that the interface is the culprit.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • asad814
    Currently i have two m.2 ssds installed one has windows installed which is working fine but that nvme ssd only works when i open the bios and save the changes...but again when i shutdown my pc then start again it disappears..i have to do this all time it is annoying...is there a permanent fix for that???
  • asad814
    edited December 2018
    It is only showing up when i go throught the bios and save the changes...but everytime when i start my pc w/o going to bios it doesnt showup....please help

• asad814
    And in intel rapid storage the ssd is not showing...even it is showing in bios amd in my computer
  • Hi @asad814
    Could you please tell us more about the setup, make and size of the SSDs, do you have only one SSD and a HDD? please post the snips of Disk management and IRST status like mine.

• Make sure that by turning fast start up on the power options the problem remains! What version of bios is installed on your notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • asad814
    I m on latest version

• Did you disable fast start up in power options?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• asad814
    I havnt touch that setting ...whats the default i dont know
  • Disable fast start up here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• asad814
    Yes i have disabled that still no luck

• asad814
    One thing i have noticed that my ssd  has two holes in it but when i use the ssd with one hold i just works fine...
  • The second ssd must be secured with these two screws:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• asad814
    Yes but the bottom one is not working

• Did you try changing both slot ssd? I'm not sure, but I think this procedure might break the array because your bios is configured to use raid mode!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• asad814
    Yes i did that too

• Both ssd's are converted to gpt to work in uefi mode? Have you already upgraded the firmware of both ssd's?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer