Dolby is missing Aspire v17 nitro

Nasha260
Nasha260 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey everyone, 
I did a Fresh start on my windows (which I regret deeply). I have no longer have my Dolby app, the one that came pre installed with the device and I cant find a way to bring it back. I have downloaded and installed the audio device from the Acer portal, still no luck. 
Any idea how I can get it back?

My laptop is Aspire v17 nitro

Best Answer

• dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Nasha260 this is a long shot but find the Acer download page for your laptop drivers and download the audio drivers. Most likely it will have a name similar to mine (for example Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8351_W10x64_A). If you open up the zip file there should be DAX2 and DAX3 folder. I am guessing the Dolby app you need may be in one of these and you can try to install each (to see which one works) after reinstalling the original audio driver. Hope this helps.
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.

Answers

• dclanz
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Nasha260 this is a long shot but find the Acer download page for your laptop drivers and download the audio drivers. Most likely it will have a name similar to mine (for example Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8351_W10x64_A). If you open up the zip file there should be DAX2 and DAX3 folder. I am guessing the Dolby app you need may be in one of these and you can try to install each (to see which one works) after reinstalling the original audio driver. Hope this helps.
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
  • Nasha260
    Nasha260 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    dclanz said:
    thank you so much, it was under DAX2, its all good now. God bless you. 
  • dclanz
    You're quite welcome, I'm glad it worked for you! :)