How do you install a 2.5 inch SSD in the TravelMate P2 P2510-G2-M?

Bmilligan
Bmilligan Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

The TravelMate P2 P2510-G2-M has a spot for a 2.5 inch SSD to be installed but I do not see any ports on the motherboard that a SSD can be plugged into. 
I purchased a TravelMate P658-MG-749P in January that had a similar design but I was able to use a 
50.RZCN2.003 Acer Aspire M5 M5-581T HDD Hard Drive Connector Cable
 to install a 2.5 inch SSD.

There is no place on the motherboard that I can see to plug in a hard drive connector cable.

I did speak to Acer technical support and they told me that it was possible to install a 2.5 inch SSD but would not instruct me how to go about doing it.

Thanks

Bmilligan

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You should get this:

Or order these devices here and expect a response from Acer: https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    It's hidden under the WiFi card, if you remove the card you can find the connector.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You should get this:

Or order these devices here and expect a response from Acer: https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    It's hidden under the WiFi card, if you remove the card you can find the connector.

• zmatic
    zmatic Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello,

Just purchased my new ACER TRAVELMATE P658-M-70S3 and need to install a 2nd 2.5" HDD into the empty slot.
    Please let me know what connector will do? 
    There is a slot labeled JHDD1.

Thanks a lot,
    Zlatko.
  • Hi @zmaticThis topic is a little old. Ideally, you create a new topic by clicking on "Ask a question"! Call me by placing the @!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer