Wifi turning off automatically in my acer nitro 5 AN515-42 (ryzen) laptop.

aadi05
aadi05 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
So i bought this laptop 1 month ago and from the start i've been facing this issue of wifi shutting down automatically after few minutes or so and when i try to reconnect it, laptop doesnt show any available networks until i restart my router manually. When this happens not only my laptop disconnects but all devices connected to the router all start facing the same issue.This happens only when i connect my laptop to the wifi.
I've tried changing few network adapter settings, uninstalling and reinstalling the wifi driver again and even reinstalling windows.Nothing worked.The issue still persists.
Please help me with this problem. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Best Answer

• aman04
    aman04 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    Guys, try doing this. It worked for me.
    Disable WMM(QOS) in router settings, you may have to look under Wireless settings, Advanced settings.
    No more wifi getting killed after i disabled WMM.  =) 

Answers

• OK! Go to the device manager and click the wifi network card driver. Select the uninstall option and then choose "delete the device driver" and restart the notebook. Connect the notebook through the ethernet network cable and go to windows update for windows to look for and download the appropriate driver!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • aadi05
    OK! Go to the device manager and click the wifi network card driver. Select the uninstall option and then choose "delete the device driver" and restart the notebook. Connect the notebook through the ethernet network cable and go to windows update for windows to look for and download the appropriate driver!

I have done this already when i called the customer care regarding issue but it didnt work problem is still there.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    Can you copy the idhardware from the wifi network card to check if there is any newer driver on google?
    Can you also tell the model of your router? Are you trying to connect in a 2.4 or 5ghz band?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • aadi05
    Yes i downloaded the newest available driver from the acer's official website.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    OK! However Acer and no other manufacturer usually launch the latest versions of notebook drivers! That's why I'm asking you to copy the idhardware here in the community! That way we can check if there are any newer drivers for your model!
    Can you also tell me the exact model of your wifi network card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• aadi05
    i use tplink router and its probably on 2.4 ghz
  • aadi05
    edited November 2018
    OK! However Acer and no other manufacturer usually launch the latest versions of notebook drivers! That's why I'm asking you to copy the idhardware here in the community! That way we can check if there are any newer drivers for your model!
    Can you also tell me the exact model of your wifi network card?
    id hardware:   PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_003E&SUBSYS_080711AD&REV_32

Im using this: 

Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc.
    Description: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter
    Driver version: 12.0.0.457

Physical address (MAC): 30-D1-6B-BD-14-EF

• There is no executable file! You should install the driver using the .inf file in the device manager like this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• aadi05
    There is no executable file! You should install the driver using the .inf file in the device manager like this:

I installed this driver but the wifi still turns off irregularly. Issue hasn't been resolved :(
  • Is this problem occurring when you use only the battery or the electrical outlet only?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• aadi05
    Is this problem occurring when you use only the battery or the electrical outlet only?

It occurs both the times on battery and when plugged in to the charger.
  • OK! Try these two options:
    a) put the adapter in maximum performance in the power options;
    b) go to the device manager and deactivate the power saving;

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Do you also know which version of bios is installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• aadi05
    Do you also know which version of bios is installed?
    Inside corp. version 1.08
  • aadi05
    OK! Try these two options:
    a) put the adapter in maximum performance in the power options;
    b) go to the device manager and deactivate the power saving;

I've done this already it also didn't work
  • OK! Go to the windows mobility center and select the high performance mode! Make sure the wifi still hangs! Do you also have antivirus like norton or macfee? If so, uninstall them and see if the problem is solved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GouravKumar
    GouravKumar Member Posts: 1 New User
    @aadi05
    Please let us know if uninstalling antivirus resolved your issue, I am facing the same issue since I got my laptop on 12th Dec. Please help
  • Vickysharma
    Vickysharma Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am also facing this problem 
  • aadi05
    @GouravKumar and @Vickysharma
    My problem suddenly stopped happening after i think  upgrading the drivers to officially released version or it may have been due to acer's employee coming to home and resetting my pc and reinstalling the os. I dont know which of these methods worked but it took 2-3 days to take effect after reinstallation of os and upgrade of drivers. Also you can try to reset your router.
    Uninstalling antivirus did not fix my problem. But i got rid of it anyways. It slows down your pc.
  • Ayonhi5
    Ayonhi5 Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
    Same issue on my laptop since last week