Predator Helios 300 Low FPS

Rubblerealm
Rubblerealm Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi there,
I've had my acer Predator Helios 300 for around 6 months now and i've noticed of less powerful systems seem to get more fps than i do. On CSGO minimum settings im only getting around 150 FPS, i've seen other less powerful laptops get closer to 200 or more. Im just wondering if there is any easy fix to this.

Specs:
1060 Mobile (6GB)
i7-7700HQ
16GB DDR4 ram

Thanks so much for any feeback or suggestions.

Answers

• Keicchan
    Keicchan Member Posts: 48 Devotee WiFi Icon
    there was a guy some days ago with a similar problem; could u upload a screen of your Hwmonitor information pls; what's the cpu and gpu usage on csgo and power options cpu config?
  • Rubblerealm

Tinkerer

Where there was a jump in usage was when i tabbed in to csgo and the drop is when i tabbed out to take the screenshot (I play in 4:3 stretched if that helps.) Also, my gpu (GTX 1060 Mobile 6GB) only ever reached about 30%-40% usage. Not sure how to fix this, thanks for replying though! Your help is greatly appreciated!
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Hi there,
    I've had my acer Predator Helios 300 for around 6 months now and i've noticed of less powerful systems seem to get more fps than i do. On CSGO minimum settings im only getting around 150 FPS, i've seen other less powerful laptops get closer to 200 or more. Im just wondering if there is any easy fix to this.

Specs:
    1060 Mobile (6GB)
    i7-7700HQ
    16GB DDR4 ram

6 months... windows tends to bulk up itself like a couch potato. You might need to consider optimizing your windows too.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Jleonid
    Jleonid Member Posts: 1 New User
    Welcome everyone, I have a Xiaomi Gaming Laptop i7 7700hq / 1060 6gb and I have the same problem ... Dota 2 has the same problem. I think this is a conflict gpu and source 2. In other games there are no problems.You can see the discussion center СS GO  in the steam there are topics with the same problem. For example, some computers on the i7 8700K / 1080Ti have this problem.

Sorry , my English is bad (

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited November 2018
    Jleonid said:
    Welcome everyone, I have a Xiaomi Gaming Laptop i7 7700hq / 1060 6gb and I have the same problem ... Dota 2 has the same problem. I think this is a conflict gpu and source 2. In other games there are no problems.You can see the discussion center СS GO  in the steam there are topics with the same problem. For example, some computers on the i7 8700K / 1080Ti have this problem.

This is an acer predator gaming laptops forum not xiaomi if you have any issue with your xiaomi laptop please proceed to xiaomi support (as the hardware/software specs like mobo/bios are not the same) because any fix provided here might not work on you model.

Regards

@Rubblerealm you might consider optimizing your windows like @sri369 said (Win10 is a nightmare too many useless services running on background using resources) also if your temps are high you will certainly have fps loss due to thermal throttling :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Rubblerealm

Tinkerer

xapim said:
    Jleonid said:

This is an acer predator gaming laptops forum not xiaomi if you have any issue with your xiaomi laptop please proceed to xiaomi support (as the hardware/software specs like mobo/bios are not the same) because any fix provided here might not work on you model.

Regards

@Rubblerealm you might consider optimizing your windows like @sri369 said (Win10 is a nightmare too many useless services running on background using resources) also if your temps are high you will certainly have fps loss due to thermal throttling :)

Thanks for the suggestion, just wondering what i do to optimise windows 10. Im assuming its a program that i just download and run, but which program should i use? Thanks so much for the suggestions.
  • Faria
    Faria Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi there,

Specs:
    1060 Mobile (6GB)
    i7-7700HQ
    16GB DDR4 ram

I have exactly the same problem. Did you solved it?
  • bizen92
    bizen92 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hi there,

Specs:
    1060 Mobile (6GB)
    i7-7700HQ
    16GB DDR4 ram

i've got the same problem. in dota 2 i get max 100 fps on any setting level and in cs go i get max 150 fps any setting level but games like witcher 3 and rotr seem to work fine.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    bizen92 said:
    Hi there,

Specs:
    1060 Mobile (6GB)
    i7-7700HQ
    16GB DDR4 ram

i've got the same problem. in dota 2 i get max 100 fps on any setting level and in cs go i get max 150 fps any setting level but games like witcher 3 and rotr seem to work fine.
    Disable unneccessary settings like NVIDIA hair that only pump up GPU without any noticeable visuals. I get a constant locked FPS of 60 on witcher 3.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Check out your settings in nvidia control panel.
  • Rubblerealm

Tinkerer

Hello again, so I know it's been ages but I should've mentioned how i fixed this. I found out my ram was 1x16GB, so single channel, which is slow as hell and is a huge bottleneck in such a cpu heavy game like csgo. I solved this by just getting another stick of 16GB to make my ram dual channel (If you don't know what this means, look it up, but basically two sticks of RAM can divide up their work and get it done twice as fast most of the time, like having two cpu threads instead of 1). Now i get 300+ fps ez pz. Not sure why the laptop came with 1x16GB when it was advertised with 2x8GB but whatever, now i get 32GB and epic performance. thanks acer...