Pc wont start up

GTorres14
GTorres14 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
I have an aspire Z3-715. I plugged in my Xbox One to the pc. It works fine but when i unplug my Xbox one HDMI, my PC wont start at all. Pressing the power button doesnt work and the monitor/pc will only " turn on" when my xbox is on and the HDMI is plugged in. When im on that i can click the monitor setting and change to PC mode but then i just get " no PC signal". So basically the only way my monitor/pc is on is when my xbox is on. 

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Hi @GTorres14

Disconnect the Xbox One. Unplug the power cable. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
    Power On the computer, Press the OSD menu button on the monitor once to access the OSD. Press the OSD menu button again to navigate through the menu. You will see  five selectable icons for configuring the various OSD functions. Select the correct input source.
    First one is the HDMI-In and the second is " PC-In ". Select the source as " PC-In " and the computer should work fine.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • GTorres14
    Sharanji said:
    Hi @GTorres14

Disconnect the Xbox One. Unplug the power cable. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
    Power On the computer, Press the OSD menu button on the monitor once to access the OSD. Press the OSD menu button again to navigate through the menu. You will see  five selectable icons for configuring the various OSD functions. Select the correct input source.
    First one is the HDMI-In and the second is " PC-In ". Select the source as " PC-In " and the computer should work fine.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Thanks for the reply, i disconnected my Xbox, unplug the power cable, held the power button for 10 seconds, plug the power cable back in but the PC wont boot up/turn on at all. I can only effecively acess the monitor when the xbox is on and plugged in.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Can you hear any fan noise when attempting to turn on the computer? Could you open up the side and see if the CPU fan starts to spin at all?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GTorres14
    Nope cannot hear a fan noise at all
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    So first step is to see if you have power working at all. Pop the side cover off and look at the CPU fan while you try to turn it on. Does it stay completely off or do you get a start of a spin that then shuts down? Also look at the fan that's in the power supply, same thing, spins at all or nothing?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.