How can i use GSM module huawei in acer travelmate p643

After_un3434
After_un3434 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

my windows 10 find and install driver automatically and I can see it in "network and sharing center " as "cellular".
But I have no idea where can I put the sim cart 
I open the battery and watch there is no place for sim cart ... 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    At the top is your cellphone provider. It's showing a moderately strong signal. At the bottom, you have set it to NEVER connect to this signal. You must change this setting or it won't work. Click the down arrow to see options  other than  NEVER Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    edited November 2018

my windows 10 find and install driver automatically and I can see it in "network and sharing center " as "cellular".
    But I have no idea where can I put the sim cart 
    I open the battery and watch there is no place for sim cart ... 

as per the specifications mentioned in this link it shows that it does say it supports 3G and I believe that the slot is visible after taking out the battery.

Here is another post for related to SIM card for different series in travelmate. 
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/33835/how-to-install-sim-card-in-travelmate-8473g-gsm-modem
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • After_un3434

Tinkerer

I check that website on "Connectivity / Network" show
     "
    3G (HSPA/UMTS)Ja

But I saw that post before, there is no slat behind the battery 

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    @After_un3434

Calling AVENGERS for help @brummyfan2, @egydiocoelho
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • JackE
    You need a microSD to SD card adapter. Very inexpensive. This allows you to use the small simm card in the full size SD card slot on the left front side of your laptop. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• After_un3434

Tinkerer

GSM network SIM Cart was I meant
     not micro sd cart
  • JackE
    edited November 2018
    Sorry. You may remove the sim card door on the bottom of the laptop as shown in the image below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• After_un3434

Tinkerer

Hi 
    thanks a lot for your guide But that not like my laptop 
  • This is where the sim card is installed:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • The model of your notebook is p643-m, p643-mg ou p643-v?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Sorry again. I posted the wrong images. Unfortunately, the p643 series sim slot is located under the top cover near the screen on the left hand side. This requires removal of the DVD, wifi card, keyboard and palmrest. This seems to be a major disassembly process. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Exactly @JackE!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• After_un3434

Tinkerer

Thanks a lot  :)
    I finally figure out where is that slat 
    without need to even open the laptop 
    thanks again  <3  
  • JackE
    How did you do it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• After_un3434

Tinkerer

Behind the battery :#  
  • After_un3434

Tinkerer

Now I'm looking for software to manage it call, send massage most of all internet access 
  • JackE
    edited November 2018

>>>I open the battery and watch there is no place for sim cart ... >>>

Seems like the sim slot was on the opposite side of the mainboard? Was it easy to insert? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• After_un3434

Tinkerer

I know that was my mistake  sorry 

yeah @JackE!

• JackE
    >>>Now I'm looking for software to manage it call, send massage most of all internet access >>>

Did you find any software yet that is satisfactory? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• After_un3434

Tinkerer

No @JackE! but the window setting show I have to configure api setting when unchecked "Let windows manage this connection" it show me button "connect" when I click on after few minute noting happening and show "Disconnected"
  • JackE
    What's this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ