Hello, Recently bought an Acer Nitro AN515-52 - Touchpad isn't soft-responsive.

Le0ndar
Le0ndar Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I recently bought an Acer Nitro AN515-52, and the touchpad isn't soft-responsive. I have to make hard presses to register a response. Is this expected behaviour? Also, when I press the buttons at the end of the trackpad, I have to press very hard. Is this also expected behaviour?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen(Press F2 as soon as you press power button), move to Main tab and check whether the Touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is, switch to Advanced mode, if it's in Advanced mode switch to Basic, reboot and switch back to Advanced mode.

• Le0ndar
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen(Press F2 as soon as you press power button), move to Main tab and check whether the Touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is, switch to Advanced mode, if it's in Advanced mode switch to Basic, reboot and switch back to Advanced mode.

THank you, I tried that but the problem persists.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018 Answer ✓
    Go to Settings, click Devices, click Touchpad in the left pane and adjust the sensitivity and see whether it fixes the problem.

• Le0ndar
    Go to Settings, click Devices, click Touchpad in the left pane and adjust the sensitivity and see whether it fixes the problem.

Yes that solved my problem for the most part but the sensitivity still suffers. The touch sensitivity is performing unpredictably. It works sometimes, it doesn't work other times. Should I do a driver update? I think I'm going to do that and comment, Also, how do I un-correct a correct answer? Just in case we get a better solution? :D
  • Le0ndar
    My god! The trackpad is so unusable! I think I'll go for the DELL 7572 with a thunderbolt upgrade and return this product! Better display at least! I think! :D
  • Hi,
    Give this a try, go to Device manager, expand mice and other pointing devices, highlight and right click HID-compliant mouse, select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• Le0ndar
    Hi,
    Give this a try, go to Device manager, expand mice and other pointing devices, highlight and right click HID-compliant mouse, select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

Thank you, will try this and let you know! :)
  • Le0ndar
    Thank you so much, brummyfan2, I tried your suggestions, it seems to be better, but it could just be e getting used to the mousepad. :D 

Will leave this as solved in case someone else needed the solutions. It could just be my general dissatisfaction with the state of the touchpad! :D

Cheers! :)