Touchpad scrolling and driver install - A715-72G

limesz
limesz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I'm having trouble getting the multi-touch functions to work. There are two scenarios.

1. The touchpad is set to basic in BIOS and Windows 10 uses its own driver from eons ago.

Once I install the driver from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7627?b=1
It all goes batshit crazy.

After restart, it gives me a Code 10 and the touchpad does not respond to anything.

But at least the driver is more recent than the one by Windows.

I've also tried to set the touchpad to Advanced in BIOS. No effect at all, besides, the touchpad device was gone from the Device Manager list until I set it back to Basic.
Right now, I have reverted back to original settings (windows default driver, Basic BIOS setting).
Any help is appreciated to get it working. Thanks.

Comments

• Can you paste the idhardware of mouse here in the community?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rithirawat
    Rithirawat Member Posts: 1 New User
    First of all thanks for this thread! I got the A715 and was able to find the driver for the ELANTECH Touchpad, there is another version with Synaptics Touchpad, so you have to figure out which one is yours, enjoy 2 finger scrolling.

• You must also leave the elan service and the program active:

Then go to the mouse settings and activate scrolling!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)