WOULD THE 970 EVO NVME SSD CAN FULLY RUN IN MY ACER NITRO 5?!

nazrullahmardonal
nazrullahmardonal Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
HI, currently im using ACER NITRO 5 AN515-52, with i5-8300H and 8gb ram SO the questions is if i upgrade my ssd to the 970 evo nvme, can the ssd card run with its maximum capability? because i heard some said the ssd would only run half of its actual capability and sort off. lul. help!

Answers

• Your model supports both ssd sata 3 and nvme! However it is very likely that your notebook's hardware is limited there are two tracks: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549200/pcie-m-2-ssd-support-for-acer-nitro-5-an515-52-50wx
    Check with hwinfo:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nazrullahmardonal
    nazrullahmardonal Member Posts: 2 New User

well im not sure if i show the right picture, but with this data, would my 970evo nvme ssd can run with its full capability? 
  • Hmm! Not correct image! Can you expand the others? It is important to remember that the hwinfo program may not properly detect these ports! However version 1.19 of bios for your model enhances the performance of ssd nvme, see: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.19_A_A.zip?acerid=636685323754871864&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=NITRO&Step3=NITRO AN515-52&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

• well im not sure if i show the right picture, but with this data, would my 970evo nvme ssd can run with its full capability? 
    Hi,
    I don't think HWiNFO is very helpful for your model, however, I guess it will work at half the speed advertised by the manufacturers as most of the laptops have only 2 lanes enabled for PCIe.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Nitro-AN515-52/83703