Battery problem with Predator 15

ImranAswad
ImranAswad Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello, recently my laptop could only turn on whenever i charged it and immidiately shuts down when unplugged. Im suspecting this may be because i did my work while the laptop had full battery power and didnt unplug it( correct me if im wrong ) . I would like to know some of the best method to fix this problem and what type of battery does predator 15 use so i could replace it with a new battery. 
It would be really helpful if someone could help me with this.  :/:/:/

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    What is the exact model of your notebook? What version of bios is installed? Make sure that resetting the battery as the video resolves the problem:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ImranAswad

Tinkerer

ive tried the pin method and it couldnt work, my BIOS Version is AcerV1.11, BIOS mode is UEFI 
  • What is the model of your notebook? Example v3-571! It is possible that the interlock button is not pressed properly!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ImranAswad

Tinkerer

my model is Predator G9-591 and how do i exactly know if the button is pressed properly? 
  • It is very likely that some of these screws will be loose! Tighten them but do not apply excessive force: 

However make sure that there is no warranty seal on the bolts!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ImranAswad

Tinkerer

Ive tried all of the methods but none of them seemed to work, is it possible to just buy a new battery?
  • Have you tried removing the battery driver?

What version of bios is installed on the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Update your BIOs
    - Hotel Hero
  • ImranAswad

Tinkerer

sorry for the late reply but here is my system information and ive tried uninstalling the battery driver, do i need to install a new driver?
  • First enter the bios and select the option load setup defaults! If this does not resolve, update the bios to version 1.12, but I'm not sure if this bios update will fix the problem: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.12_A_A.zip?acerid=636752516469847805&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR G9-591&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ImranAswad

Tinkerer

I've tried to load setup defaults but it didn't work, the bios update couldn't work as well because the battery is 15% 
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited November 2018
    Did you check if these screws are tight?

This user reported that they updated the thunderbolt driver through acer care center and the notebook went live correctly: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/492894/laptop-shut-down-randomly-acer-predator-g9-591

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ImranAswad

Tinkerer

the screws are already tight enough but still isnt working, ive tried to install the thunderbolt driver but im not sure if i installed it right.
  • Red-Sand
    Is it just me or does your system spec say your BIOs version is 2.07?
    - Hotel Hero
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited November 2018
    This is the built-in controller version @Red-Sand! The bios version is this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Red-Sand
    edited November 2018
    Ah ok I glanced at it and read it wrong.

You should update to BIOs (at least) 1.13
    - Hotel Hero