Predator Triton: No Bootable Drive...Sometimes

dresoccer4
dresoccer4 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I've had my Predator Triton about 6 months now and it's been mainly fine (though has trouble waking from hibernation every now and then). However last week upon waking from hibernation, the machine got through the BIOS screen and said the dreaded words "No Bootable Drive". my jaw hit the floor and i sat in stunned silence for a good 3 minutes contemplating my next move...which was to do a soft reset (holding power button for a bit). then it just booted up fine and everything was back to normal. crisis averted, somehow! i went on with my life and all was well.

...but lo and behold, just now, it did it again. no bootable drive. what the f is happening. am i on the verge of complete disaster? i did yet another soft reset and she booted up ok. but now this is becoming a thing and i dont like it. guys, help a brother out. tell me it will be ok. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS, move to Main tab, press F9 to set it to default, then press F10 to save and exit. Check whether it helps.

• dresoccer4
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS, move to Main tab, press F9 to set it to default, then press F10 to save and exit. Check whether it helps.

ok, but what does that actually do? i dont want to make any BIOS changes that will wipe all my data (i've read horror stories).

so checking the Intel Rapid Storage control panel, it seems i have a RAID 0 failure :(
    But I was under the impression that a failure of 1 SSD meant the entire thing would fail since data is split between both SSDs. However I am able to boot up just fine and even play games. And when checking my C drive it shows all of my data in the full amount. So what the heck is really happening?
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    It just reset BIOS to default settings but you can forget about it as your problem relating to failed SSD, you can backup your system using Macrium reflect free to an external HDD, create a bootable USB disk, then get another same size SSD and install, recover the image on to it, do you have another HDD in your laptop?

• dresoccer4
    Hi,
    It just reset BIOS to default settings but you can forget about it as your problem relating to failed SSD, you can backup your system using Macrium reflect free to an external HDD, create a bootable USB disk, then get another same size SSD and install, recover the image on to it, do you have another HDD in your laptop?

I have the Acer Predator Triton 700. it has comes with 2 256GB SSDs preinstalled in that RAID 0 config. 
    but again, i don't understand whats happening. if the SSD really has just broken, how am I able to do all the things? how can i tell if it's actually something else?
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    You could send it for a Service to Acer Support centre in your region.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/