Constant GPU Fan Running - Predator G9-593-71EH

lando622
lando622 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Team,

I recently noticed that the graphics card fan on my Predator G9-593-71EH runs constantly while the CPU fan runs rarely.  Temps are 32C for the GPU and 37C for the CPU, and I'm not doing any gaming.  I don't see any settings to tweak to slow the fan and PredatorSense shows the GPU fan to be running at about 4270RPM.  It's fairly loud, though if it was necessary for cooling it wouldn't bother me. 

Is this normal, or is there something I can adjust?  Thank you.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    The PredatorSense makes little sense because both fans don't to be seem directly attached to the CPU or GPU. They're mounted on each side of the mainboard and seem to respond mainly to CPU temperature. Probably because the heat sinks for the CPU & GPU chips seem to be tied together with a common thermal heatpipe module. I'd hafta guess one of the fans is probably running all the time with the screen on and background tasks going even if you're not gaming. But 4270rpm does seem excessive since top speed fan specs are 3750rpm. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• lando622
    lando622 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you...after paying attention to this for several days, it looks like it may be tied to screen activity and background tasks going on.  I haven't tried any utilities to try to control the fan speed and PredatorSense only offers one setting (checkbox) for "Maximum fan speed". 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    That makes sense. :)  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ