Aspire E 15 cannot connect to wifi

myrgold
myrgold Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

My laptop suddenly cannot connect to WiFi ("Can't connect to this network" error).  I run the Acer Care Center, and it says that my system is up to date (including the drivers).  I used Checkup to identify the problem, but "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".

The wireless network card is Qualcomm Aheros QCA9377. I went to http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and there are 3 Atheros drivers listed.  I don't know if I should install a new driver and which to install since there are 3 to choose from.

Please advice.  Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Angie1
    Angie1 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon

Hi! 

Thank you for you inquiry.

Must of the times when this happened the best we could try is to unistall the driver are restart the computer.

You will be available to do this easily by accesing Device Manager on Windows. 

Press the Windows key + X 

Go to Device Manager

Networks Adaptars 

Right click Select Unistall

Finally restart the computer. 

Once you Restart your computer windows will restart the driver for you and you should be available to connect to WiFi

:):)  Smile you don't when you are going to miss a tooth  =)=) 

Like if you like my answer 
  • myrgold

Tinkerer

I uninstalled and restarted, but Windows did not restart the driver.  Now my laptop cannot detect the WiFi at all.

What do I do now?

• myrgold

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I solved the problem by installing the Wireless LAN Driver (NFA435) driver (Ver. 12.0.0.102) available at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers#_ga=1.265780556.217261961.1453001145.

• Angie1
    Angie1 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon

Great! IS good that you're available to fix this issue! 

:):)  Smile you don't when you are going to miss a tooth  =)=) 

Like if you like my answer 
  • Sam960324
    Sam960324 Member Posts: 5 New User
    I having the same issues here...but i cant unistall the network adapter...what should i do? When i right click it, it show properties only
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,076 Trailblazer

Sam960324 wrote:
    I having the same issues here...but i cant unistall the network adapter...what should i do? When i right click it, it show properties only

Go to Device manager, right click Wi-Fi adapter, go to Properties, uninstall it in Driver tab. You need to download the new driver from Acer support site(Link is in the previous posts.)

Capture.JPG

• Sam960324
    But i cant connect the internet right now...which mean can i use another computer to download it then transfer by using pendrive?
  • Sam960324
    For my issues. The wifi adapter is totally missing...there only left eternal adapter
  • myrgold

Tinkerer

Your wifi moden should come with a cable that can connect your laptop to the modem (I'm sure you used it the first time you configured your modem).  Connect that cable to your laptop LAN port and the port on the modem.  You can then download the driver.

• myrgold

Tinkerer

For anyone else who has this problem, make sure you download the new driver BEFORE you uninstall the existing one.  The download link is in my earlier post.

• wigs0646
    wigs0646 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have read all the posts on this issue including the device manager bit. I'm also having the same issue and the link is not available for me to download this driver. I even tpyed it in manually in the addres bar. I upgraded to windows 10 about April and I don't know if that's affecting the reason why I can't get access to the link?

Also this paid website called "Driver Support" with active Optimization has been prompting me for the last few months that I have 6 drivers out of date. The cost is £30.00 does anyone know if I should go ahead and do this. I'm so worried about 3rd party vendors giving my laptops a virus!

What shall I do?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,076 Trailblazer

wigs0646 wrote:

Hi, I have read all the posts on this issue including the device manager bit. I'm also having the same issue and the link is not available for me to download this driver. I even tpyed it in manually in the addres bar. I upgraded to windows 10 about April and I don't know if that's affecting the reason why I can't get access to the link?

Also this paid website called "Driver Support" with active Optimization has been prompting me for the last few months that I have 6 drivers out of date. The cost is £30.00 does anyone know if I should go ahead and do this. I'm so worried about 3rd party vendors giving my laptops a virus!

What shall I do?

My advice is to ignore these sites require money for driver downloads, you are better off downloading your drivers from acer site or the reputable vendors of your hardware.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

• morningCalm
    morningCalm Member Posts: 1 New User

It works perfectly. Thank you very much. It is amazing how the solution was that easy and simple. how come the manufacturer did not mention it.

• multishannan07
    multishannan07 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2018
    my laptop is not showing my wifi signal but showing neighbors wifi and my phone and gf laptop pick up my wifi 
  • johnsedp
    johnsedp Member Posts: 1 New User
    I installed windows 7 64 bit OS in Acer aspier e 15 but after the installation i face problem when try to install wifi driver. Please help i tried astro, braodcom, intel but no use still i can't install wifi.
  • SupArc
    SupArc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Angie1 said:

Hi! 

Thank you for you inquiry.

Must of the times when this happened the best we could try is to unistall the driver are restart the computer.

You will be available to do this easily by accesing Device Manager on Windows. 

Press the Windows key + X 

Go to Device Manager

Networks Adaptars 

Right click Select Unistall

Finally restart the computer. 

Once you Restart your computer windows will restart the driver for you and you should be available to connect to WiFi

Thank you very much. My laptop now allows me to have wireless connections. Once I read the other comments I didn’t think it was going to work but it did and I appreciate it!😁